AMR test

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
I took the AMR written test yesterday It was pretty difficult. They asked random questions that were only brought up probably once in my EMT class. Does anyone know how AMR grades their written test, or if anyone's ever taken it and what was your score and did you pass or fail? Because I'm pretty sure I failed so I'm just preparing myself not to be disappointed when I see I failed.

OP
OP
H

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
I took the AMR written test yesterday It was pretty difficult. They asked random questions that were only brought up probably once in my EMT class. Does anyone know how AMR grades their written test, or if anyone's ever taken it and what was your score and did you pass or fail? Because I'm pretty sure I failed so I'm just preparing myself not to be disappointed when I see I failed.

Radnoq

Forum Probie
Hey I'm here from the other thread. I got 8 wrong out of the 120 on the test. I believe they do score the personality questions along with the rest of the test as the lady who graded it said that I got one of them wrong.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
Ok, I believe I got a 100% on the personality test. So hopefully they add them together. But the other scenarios question I have bad test anxiety so not sure how I did.

Radnoq

Forum Probie
Well let's hope you did pass. I'm still waiting on them to call me back for an interview. I was told not to panic if it takes weeks to get a call back. Fml haha

Radnoq

Forum Probie
I applied at Rancho, Redlands, and Victorville.

Radnoq

Forum Probie
That's what I'm hoping haha.
Where did you apply? SGV?

OP
OP
H

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
I applied for sacramento, placer, yolo sutter division EMT. Unfortunately it's the only way to 911 for placer county and yolo county for AMR.

Radnoq

Forum Probie
Oh got it, you're up north. Nice!
Well I hope all goes well for you! And hey, you passed NREMT so I'm sure you passed this one.

OP
OP
H

Hannahlee7

Forum Ride Along
Thank you! I hope all goes well for you too! Hey you passed NREMT and the written test! You will get call back for sure. Have a good one!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I dont know how it is graded, but I don't think that matters. Either way you get a pass/fail.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's graded in most operations as a straight score. And unless the exam changed recently it is a straightforward entry level exam.
Some operations have different cut offs for scores. Mine in abq was 80 for everyone. Some places it's 75 or 70.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
And some places are so short staffed it doesnt matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And some places are so short staffed it doesnt matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Judging by his other posts, he's in California. The land of a dime-a-dozen EMTs

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Hi everyone, I have merged threads to keep things more organized as the same post was done in multiple sub-forums here. Carry on!

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I applied at Rancho, Redlands, and Victorville.

Just out of curiosity, why did u not apply to Riverside?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Let me just toss this in here..
IMG_3522.JPG