A very useful thread about a possible j. - o. - b.

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
For the good of the board, and the good people on it, I am posting what I know as fact that there is an opening at a NYC IFT Service.

Why don't I want it myself, you ask ?

Because I decided to stick with volunteering and doing what I do for $ and save up to attend a Paramedic Program (without having to work for a year). I can do that doing what I do now for $ but not if I take the IFT job.

About contributing in general, if you search other threads you will note I did relay the questions asked and interview format to someone last year who applied to an IFT that rejected me.

Someone was fired for cause at ONE of the following services: Assist in Brooklyn, Hunter in Queens or AMR in Brooklyn.

Two of them are not the service involved, I did that to keep myself anonymous, it would not hurt to visit the other two regardless.

I would suggest going to all three, in person, bringing your info an be guided by what they tell you.

No further information is available from the original poster of this thread.

Best wishes to all and to all a good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
are you kidding me???? there are something like 25 ambulance companies in NYC, probably closer to 50. if you want a job, apply to all of them.

and just because someone was fired for just cause doesn't mean their position is gonna be available; odds are they already have a list of people who want the job.

this is probably one of the most useless threads about finding a job ever.

if you want a job in NYC, go online, and apply to every ambulance company you can find. limiting yourself to the one that is open is setting yourself up for failure.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
For the good of the board, and the good people on it, I am posting what I know as fact that there is an opening at a NYC IFT Service.

Why don't I want it myself, you ask ?

Because I decided to stick with volunteering and doing what I do for $ and save up to attend a Paramedic Program (without having to work for a year). I can do that doing what I do now for $ but not if I take the IFT job.

About contributing in general, if you search other threads you will note I did relay the questions asked and interview format to someone last year who applied to an IFT that rejected me.

Someone was fired for cause at ONE of the following services: Assist in Brooklyn, Hunter in Queens or AMR in Brooklyn.

Two of them are not the service involved, I did that to keep myself anonymous, it would not hurt to visit the other two regardless.

I would suggest going to all three, in person, bringing your info an be guided by what they tell you.

No further information is available from the original poster of this thread.

Best wishes to all and to all a good night.

130333d1264103702-grobbee-wants-communism-subsidize-his-leeching-stop-posting.jpg

crazycajun

Forum Captain
This has to be the dumbest post ever. If you know of a company that is hiring give the name and address. People actually WANTING a job don't have time for your childish games. I think someone should take a poll to see how many members think the OP should be voted off. If the number reaches 20 he goes away.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
You are not even in New York.

Of course, apply to them all, but I suggest these three first. One of them just let someone go.

Take it or leave it.

If you dont like the thread, IGNORE it, dont be an online tough guy.......

People who talk trash online are the weenies who would never say anything face to face.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
You miss the point completely. If you know of an actual job opening just give the name of the company. Why beat around the bush? Some people need work. If they can get a helping hand from someone all the better. Why have them waste time going to other companies that are not hiring and possibly miss out on the job that IS available? Try to act like an adult that wants to help others. This elementary school yard crap is just that, CRAP! And for me being a tough guy, I guarantee you I can always back up what I say and will tell you the same thing face to face without hesitation.

Gray

Forum Lieutenant
It really just seems you like to stir the pot and troll people along. I would really hope that you would stop posting and if there is an ignore button I'll make sure I find it. What your post basically says is " I heard a person that may have gotten fired, go on a wild goose chase and apply to three places, spend time looking around and maybe you'll find the end of the rainbow hurrrrrr durrrrrr. Don't bother responding to me I won't see it, EMTlife just got better.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hai Guise!

Somewhere in FL someone may have gotten fired, and there may be a position open.

You're welcome!

I expect a finders fee when you get hired.

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
Hai Guise!

Somewhere in FL someone may have gotten fired, and there may be a position open.

You're welcome!

I expect a finders fee when you get hired.

I can one up Sasha.

Someone somewhere in the US got fired from an ambulance job, and a position may be opening. Unlike these other losers allow me to provide a website to aid in your search

www.monster.com

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

Seriously? Why not just say that you heard through the grape vine that there was an opening at whichever service actually has an opening? No one cares that someone was fired, or how you know there is an opening.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You got to hate the posts the only sound good in your head. Then once you write it down it turns out to be like this post LOL

crazycajun

Forum Captain
[QUOTE

Two of them are not the service involved, I did that to keep myself anonymous,[/QUOTE]

To me this was the funny part. I am sure that if he gave the actual name of the company someone would walk in and say "Hey I heard from a guy named EMT_Seeking_First_Job that you fired someone and I am here to apply". I can see the receptionist now. :huh:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Please, for the love of God, just stop posting. People who actually would like a job don't have time to figure out your :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing riddle about a possible job opening. I'm pretty sure there's nobody that would care about you posting about a possible job opening, if you're so worried about it, then just don't post it, that's better than posting a riddle like you're some troll out of a children's book.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Knock it off everyone. Stop feeding the troll.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I'm from NYC. I used to work for North Shore-LIJ, until late 2007. 46Young was one of the city 911 ALS buses that I used to work on. I still know a lot of people there. They're hiring like crazy right now. They've been expanding their IFT side for some time, and they have Lenox Hill as well. They've grown the emergent side of their IFT ops. They have a lot of business doing private emergency calls through contracts with doctor's offices, and also a lot of business from private callers from home that call them instead of 911. In fact, since the emergent home calls and MD office 911 pays so well, they put those calls ahead of much of their routine IFT calls. So, you can do NYC 911, and also do a fair amount of emergency 911 type of work on your IFT tours instead of a bunch of NH discharges and IV lock/monitor/O2 transfers.

But here the thing, why does a company hire copiously? One is for purposes of expansion, and the other is to address high turnover. NS-LIJ is currently experiencing both. Just so those in the know can tell I'm not FOS, after the new guy came in (I don't know his title, but he's right under Schwalberg) a number of supervisors were fired, and many people have left for other positions. For example, supervisor Tom P. left, medic Rob C. left, Dennis V. went per diem, Sergey F. is in the fire academy at my FD right now. These are all people who have been there for quite a few years. There are many others, but these names came to mind first. It's now the kind of place where if you fart they write you up. They have vehicle navigators that tell you exactly what route to take. If you don't do exactly as it says, they come across the radio screaming at you to explain yourself. there's no stopping off at 7-11 for a coffee and a snack between calls. You have to say exactly what they want on the radio or you get in trouble. 20 mins on the floor tops (and they want you going in early, you can't take time for yourself if you're running ahead) and up to 20 mins at the drop off. There are many other undesireable policies in effect. I'm told that when you're working there, you have a constant feeling like an uset stomach, and you jump at your own shadow. I'm told that they like to hire new people and mold them to their likeing, rather than keep their experienced people, who know what they should be putting up with and what they should not, and what they can get away with.

If you can handle that, you have a good shot at getting hired there and being happy.

I live in Virginia now. Valley Medical Transport is getting ready to expand, and is looking to hire. Thye have low turnover, and while people gripe about the same things, they seem to do it a lot less than many other places. They work efficiently, and don't complain when calls come over, unless it's a 3+ hour late call long distance run. They have mostly 12 hour shifts and a few shorter ones. They're looking to start an on-call system from 0000-0600 where they pay you $4/hr to stay at home. When their last truck gets a call, they ring our phone, you go on the clock at full pay for at least two hours. If a unit comes available, you go home with at least two hours pay.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Now that is how you post a job opportunity.

I'm from NYC. I used to work for North Shore-LIJ, until late 2007. 46Young was one of the city 911 ALS buses that I used to work on. I still know a lot of people there. They're hiring like crazy right now. They've been expanding their IFT side for some time, and they have Lenox Hill as well. They've grown the emergent side of their IFT ops. They have a lot of business doing private emergency calls through contracts with doctor's offices, and also a lot of business from private callers from home that call them instead of 911. In fact, since the emergent home calls and MD office 911 pays so well, they put those calls ahead of much of their routine IFT calls. So, you can do NYC 911, and also do a fair amount of emergency 911 type of work on your IFT tours instead of a bunch of NH discharges and IV lock/monitor/O2 transfers.

But here the thing, why does a company hire copiously? One is for purposes of expansion, and the other is to address high turnover. NS-LIJ is currently experiencing both. Just so those in the know can tell I'm not FOS, after the new guy came in (I don't know his title, but he's right under Schwalberg) a number of supervisors were fired, and many people have left for other positions. For example, supervisor Tom P. left, medic Rob C. left, Dennis V. went per diem, Sergey F. is in the fire academy at my FD right now. These are all people who have been there for quite a few years. There are many others, but these names came to mind first. It's now the kind of place where if you fart they write you up. They have vehicle navigators that tell you exactly what route to take. If you don't do exactly as it says, they come across the radio screaming at you to explain yourself. there's no stopping off at 7-11 for a coffee and a snack between calls. You have to say exactly what they want on the radio or you get in trouble. 20 mins on the floor tops (and they want you going in early, you can't take time for yourself if you're running ahead) and up to 20 mins at the drop off. There are many other undesireable policies in effect. I'm told that when you're working there, you have a constant feeling like an uset stomach, and you jump at your own shadow. I'm told that they like to hire new people and mold them to their likeing, rather than keep their experienced people, who know what they should be putting up with and what they should not, and what they can get away with.

If you can handle that, you have a good shot at getting hired there and being happy.

I live in Virginia now. Valley Medical Transport is getting ready to expand, and is looking to hire. Thye have low turnover, and while people gripe about the same things, they seem to do it a lot less than many other places. They work efficiently, and don't complain when calls come over, unless it's a 3+ hour late call long distance run. They have mostly 12 hour shifts and a few shorter ones. They're looking to start an on-call system from 0000-0600 where they pay you $4/hr to stay at home. When their last truck gets a call, they ring our phone, you go on the clock at full pay for at least two hours. If a unit comes available, you go home with at least two hours pay.

JPINFV

Gadfly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc[/youtube]

/pop culture reference for every occasion...

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
JP is a guy.

JPINFV

Gadfly
JP is a guy.

To be technical, only after my SRY gene started spitting out testis determining factor.

Also, all the dinos in Jurassic Park were female... until that damned frog DNA mucked things up.

Finally, maybe that's just what I want everyone to think?