the 100% directionless thread

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
These days it's Silver Lake, Centinela and LA Community. The all time record for Silver Lake stands @ 14hrs waiting time, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me.

Oh. My. God! That's beyond rediculous.

My longest wall time was at St. Francis. I was brand new and thought the staff was messing with us, until my partner informed me that this was business as usual in LA.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
911 at a frequent flyers house. Get on scene to find him breaking windows with a metal bar. Probably the fastest we have ever backed out of a driveway

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Oh. My. God! That's beyond rediculous.

My longest wall time was at St. Francis. I was brand new and thought the staff was messing with us, until my partner informed me that this was business as usual in LA.

It's a BHU and it's horrible. We had 5 relief crews with that same pt, plus made friends with the rest of the crews from other companies who held the wall there. Pizza was ordered :D

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Aaaand, first 911 call as a medic, walk in to a grand mal seizure. Stops seizing a few seconds after we walk in, and now he's got a new onset of left sided weakness and facial droop.
I give up, paramedicking is harder than it looked...
Nice! Todd's paresis? Or were you leaning towards CVA causing the seizure?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Good luck on the job and the move. My wife had a melt down with a 20 mile move. Could not imagine moving her from one coast to another.

Thanks. She's a trouper. She said, "each time we move, we get better at it". Got to love that attitude. We're pretty excited. I really want my daughter to grow up in the PNW.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Nice! Todd's paresis? Or were you leaning towards CVA causing the seizure?
Well aren't you just that good. Todds didn't even cross my mind until we got back to station and I started doing some research. More than likely that's what it was. I was sold on the cva.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Got a real checking account finally after years of using the stupid Walmart debit card. It's probational for the first 6 months or so though.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So my mom and dad just sold their buick enclave and bought a 2016 jeep rubicon. My mom now has a more badass off road rig then me...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So my mom and dad just sold their buick enclave and bought a 2016 jeep rubicon. My mom now has a more badass off road rig then me...
Everyone has a more badass off road rig then you.

#YotaShaming

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
IMG_0633.jpg
my units annual dining out tonight

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Everyone has a more badass off road rig then you.

#YotaShaming

Don't be hating on my tacoma. Unlike some people I know, I use my truck for truck stuff. Besides when the truck is paid off and I get: ARB front/ rear air lockers, Iron Cross front/ rear bumper, All Pro Off Road skid plate, Warn winch, and rock sliders it'll be badass, not as badass as what I'd do with a jeep but still. Oh and incase if anyone is wondering the Bilstein 5100's will be going on my truck when I can find someone to do it for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I sure love getting orders denied to terminate resuscitative efforts only to walk in to the ED 20 minutes later to have the doc walk in, do an ultrasound, and pronounce the patient 15 seconds later. It's truly magical to witness modern medicine in action.

Imagine my surprise to find that the asystolic patient with an unknown down time was actually deceased!