the 100% directionless thread

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Neither the Patriots or Seahawks are playing the Super Bowl at Levi's! Even though I won't be there, I'm super happy !

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmmmmm: http://www.fiestafordinc.com/certif...0a0e0ae827064cd49d116102.htm?searchDepth=3:13

To put 30k on in a year and a half or so... Has to be a commuter car.
I wouldn't buy that car for anything. Check out all the reports of automatic transmission issues in that vehicle. As far as I know, Ford has yet to acknowledge how widespread the issue is or solve the problem. My parents own one and have had nothing but problems with shuddering and hesitation in the transmission.

I drive a 2013 Focus ST, but am fortunate in that it is equipped with a manual transmission that has had none of the problems common in its automatic counterpart.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I wouldn't buy that car for anything. Check out all the reports of automatic transmission issues in that vehicle. As far as I know, Ford has yet to acknowledge how widespread the issue is or solve the problem. My parents own one and have had nothing but problems with shuddering and hesitation in the transmission.

I drive a 2013 Focus ST, but am fortunate in that it is equipped with a manual transmission that has had none of the problems common in its automatic counterpart.

My little brother has one that had the transmission issue, they replaced the transmission and reprogrammed it. Apparently it has to do with the computer. I won't be buying the car without a good power / drivetrain warranty either.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Then there's things like this, it looks awesome, but the gas mileage has me down after looking at the fiesta's / focus's. The commute would be so much more comfortable though. I wouldn't mind an MT but the girl won't allow it .
http://www.fiestafordinc.com/used/L...e84305275c38e6146b.htm?mycarsr=vdp-recentCars

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Gotta love the 22:30 call for a 19 y/o male head injury after falling off a BMX bike... in the middle of a graveyard. A very large, very old semi-wooded graveyard. Needless to say, that one was a scoop and run.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Woke up at 3:30 for absolutely no reason. Can't fall back asleep. Really hope we don't get hammered today :/

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Tried out a diner in town this morning. Good food at reasonable prices, though the atmosphere turned a bit sour when a patron started lecturing the waitress on racial purity. This is a verbatim quote: "I do not want to see mixed marriages. And that's the goal of the black race right now. To get as many as they can. Mixed breed."

Yeah, my town is known for being a tough place for non-white children to grow up in. The waitress must have seen my face, because she came over and told me about how she has a niece who is black and about how this is not an uncommon sort of statement for her to hear. :( Ugh.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Active shooter at San Diego Naval Medical Center. Sending good thoughts and prayers to all involved right now.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
3baa57f913401518049c119188c13a3f.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Active shooter at San Diego Naval Medical Center. Sending good thoughts and prayers to all involved right now.
Yeah my Army Reserve unit based in San Diego activated it's alert roster...basically just a 100% accountability check to make sure we're all ok in this case, same thing happened during San Bernardino. Luckily for all involved this sounds like a false alarm, no injuries, possibly not even any shots fired at all.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Being that it's getting to be tax time again, it's starting to look like for the first time in about 15 years (maybe more) we're going to be owing taxes this year... so far it looks like we'll be paying out about what we used to get back every year. I guess it's one of the "benefits" of going from low-ish income to much better...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
An In N Out 3x3... perfect thing to help fight the midnight munchies at work.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
An In N Out 3x3... perfect thing to help fight the midnight munchies at work.
I haven't had one of those in YEARS. Although we do have an In N Out restaurant nearby, it's been hellaciously busy since it opened around 10 years ago. Every day is like it just opened...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Cruisin around STL and I see grafitti that says "free the herb". Today is going to be a good day after that.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
uploadfromtaptalk1453906682533.jpg

I have been replaced by a puppy.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Learned two things so far this shift. 1. Being a student sucks, because I hate seeing patients in pain and having little I can do. 2. Redneck ingenuity never fails, found a position that helped a lot.