the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Nice short 8 hour shift, half an hour till I'm supposed to get off, holding the wall with our 5th transport (7th call overall), think we've spent maybe 20 min at post total today? Everytime we've cleared, gotten a post move and then a call while enroute.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Nice short 8 hour shift, half an hour till I'm supposed to get off, holding the wall with our 5th transport (7th call overall), think we've spent maybe 20 min at post total today? Everytime we've cleared, gotten a post move and then a call while enroute.

Welcome to SSM.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Found out a county north of me is hiring part timers. If I could do a 24 per week or something that'd be awesme.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
10 min after scheduled off time, still holding the wall with our patient who came in ALS for SOB -_-
Sounds exciting!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
One more year until I can promote. I am so done with 5 calls after midnight during a 24hr shift.

terrible one

Always wandering

Welcome to McCormick. I spent a couple years there back in the day.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I pulled into the ER today and saw the biggest ambulance I've seen in the area. This ******* was big. The Braun/Spartan so I hear.

DSCN0351.jpg

terrible one

Always wandering
lol yeah...it would be better if Centinela didn't believe EMTs were a vital structural component of their ER haha

8 years ago it was much worse. But ya centinella, st francis, and Gardena memorial were the worst at bed delays.
That is until you make it to San Bernardino county and have to wait at st Mary's or Redlands community. I'm just glad I'm not on a box anymore

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
But ya centinella, st francis, and Gardena memorial were the worst at bed delays

These days it's Silver Lake, Centinela and LA Community. The all time record for Silver Lake stands @ 14hrs waiting time, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Our student for the past few weeks seems interested in backboarding anyone that holds still long enough.

I swear on my stethoscope that I will break her of this habit before she leaves us...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Our student for the past few weeks seems interested in backboarding anyone that holds still long enough.

I swear on my stethoscope that I will break her of this habit before she leaves us...
Does just one student get assigned to you?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Does just one student get assigned to you?
My partner is the FTO. I'm just the lowly driver. We get one student or new hire "candidate" at a time for several weeks or a couple months before moving on to a new student while that student goes to a different crew. It builds some consistency and rapport.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My partner is the FTO. I'm just the lowly driver. We get one student or new hire "candidate" at a time for several weeks or a couple months before moving on to a new student while that student goes to a different crew. It builds some consistency and rapport.
Ooooh ok, gotcha. I was thinking EMT/Medic student. That makes more sense.