You might work for a private if.....

ebassamore

Forum Ride Along
when the chief decides that it is brillant to send a pager test at 0200 every morning of the year because that is when most of us are home from other other jobs and we will feel better about it because aparentally we would rather know our battries work then be sleeping...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you realize that if all of your 24s paid out over the last year you'd have an extra 22 grand.

If your supervisor has been an EMT basic for ten years or more and thinks that in and of itself demands respect

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
IIf your supervisor has been an EMT basic for ten years or more and thinks that in and of itself demands respect
Heh, that actually tends to have the opposite effect on me...

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

+1000. I lose respect anything more than 2-3 years. I always have to wonder why they stopped their career there.

socalemt123

Forum Crew Member
+1000. I lose respect anything more than 2-3 years. I always have to wonder why they stopped their career there.

At least yours has experience. Ours never worked in EMS up until a few years ago and just finished an EMT class. One of them still can't pass national registry either. I need to run and run fast :unsure:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
At least yours has experience. Ours never worked in EMS up until a few years ago and just finished an EMT class. One of them still can't pass national registry either. I need to run and run fast :unsure:

Is this AMR?

WickedGood

Forum Crew Member
Our director of operations took a 6 week EMT-B course (in Feb) and refuses to take county boards.

And I can write a damn tight report for medicaid.... ;)

Our owner is awesome and our trucks rock. And I work w/ some great folks many whom have been there 5-10 years.

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
if you are in a nursing home more often than the family members of the residents that live in one

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Is this AMR?

AMR west region wouldn't allow that. It seems they're anal about the way they promote. Even just the director of training is a paramedic who's been working since sand was invented.

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
When the same unit you're afraid to turn off has such terrible rear AC that you have to notify (complain to) the supervisor. Then, rather than tell you to bring it in or take it for service he explains the following:

Thermostat must be set at 65, no higher no lower. Put the passenger window down and turn on the rear vent.

GHETTO!!!

Sasha

Forum Chief
When you complain about any kind of problem, like a really strong gas smell in the cab that's making both you and your partner sick.. "Well do this next call and then we'll see if we can bring you in"

Ducati_Fan

Forum Ride Along
When the HR personel can recite you ssn from memory b/c they deal with you on a regular basis because you check is always wrong.

When you try to make the monthly audits at the hospital, and the day before and after you get off on time. But the day you get off five hours late because you had to go out of state three hours before your "expected" off time.(happens almost every month)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
When the wheels on your truck rub so bad that you are followed by a constant cloud of black smoke that fills the back when you stop at a light, when calling in about it you are told "Yeah they all do that but it will go away once the tires wear in".

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
When it is no big deal if you run out of Zofran, "it is just a comfort drug, and not a requirement" they say.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I gotta nother...

When you are instructed to only use 1-2 sani-wipes per call so that "we can cut back on cost"

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Your calltakers and dispatchers are afraid to anger contract facilities by uptriaging calls, resulting in dispatch info like:
  • The ever-popular "Stroke. Vital signs stable per staff. Priority 3."
  • "Unresponsive since 0700. Priority 3, no delays."
  • "Altered mental status and chest pain. Priority 3."

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

"Sir... any particular reason you never had the desire to advance yourself?"

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
-If you work with state of the art equipment newer and more elaborate than surrounding public services.

-If your front line ambulances never exceed 5 years of 300,000kms before becoming a backup

-If your continuing medical education program exceeds the mandatory requirements and includes vehicle safety, proper lifting and moving, and clinical development.

-If your company provides multiple public education and public safety training at no cost.

-If you make more money than your boss does because he makes sure you get your pay first and your patients get the best care you can provide before he takes care of himself.

-If you have a benefits and health plan package that is better than that provided to government agencies.

Then you might just work for a private company like me. They're not all bad, sometimes someone does it right.

Are you with Parkland Ambulance.