"you actually wrote that in a Run Report"...

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
I had an ambulance bring in a pt. to the ED. This was when they had written the report and would leave us a copy... anyway I found this quite amusing.

This is just an excerpt: This is the actual way it was written.

"Responded to the scene of 89 yo female with left femur fx, upon arrival pt. was found in bed with first responder."

I just about peed myself. Thought I would share a little humor in "What Not to Write in a Run Report".

Everyone have a Happy filled day.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
:D That's pretty funny right there. I bet it had everyone laughing for a bit.

8jimi8

CFRN
Was there mention of the angulation of the femur?

Sometimes i think about amputee coitus...

8jimi8

CFRN
Damn did i just post that?!! someone's got a great quotable sig now...

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
" pt wound is :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:" "patient tripped and fell when someone horned them"

that is 2 that I can think of right off that I saw that people wrote when I was doing QA on runs.

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
I had an ambulance bring in a pt. to the ED. This was when they had written the report and would leave us a copy... anyway I found this quite amusing.

This is just an excerpt: This is the actual way it was written.

"Responded to the scene of 89 yo female with left femur fx, upon arrival pt. was found in bed with first responder."

I just about peed myself. Thought I would share a little humor in "What Not to Write in a Run Report".

Everyone have a Happy filled day.

huh... we had the EXACT SAME PCR given as a humorous example of what not to write during one of our training sessions...

must be a common error.

MEDIC802

Forum Crew Member
DGTJACB that was a medics entire report, I belive he got fired for that.
(Done gone to Jesus, aint comming back)

Rotor Talker

Old EMT-B
Among many

"Sick, put on cot, took to hospital"

"Pisco" insurance was another of our fav's,

"Oh, I've not heard of that one" says the billing nazi

Sometime I sit back and shake my head, cannot believe we did that.

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
I scanned in the hospital facesheet to my PCR a few weeks back. Was having a conversation as I was finishing the documentation, and for the facesheet's description, accidentally put 'facebook.' Found that out after I committed it...whoops

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember in basic school being told of a medic that wrote "FTDNITBOMA" as their report. Translates to" fixing to die not in the back of my ambulance." the medic managed to not lose the suit against them but was done in EMS.

hocomedic

Forum Crew Member
i ran a call the other day and the first thing this guy said was " o thank god your guys are here i was masterbating so much i think i broke a nut." i was thinking about not wrighting it on my report, but i was taught to wright everything that the Pt. tells me so i did

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
i ran a call the other day and the first thing this guy said was " o thank god your guys are here i was masterbating so much i think i broke a nut." i was thinking about not wrighting it on my report, but i was taught to wright everything that the Pt. tells me so i did

quotation marks are your friend in a situation like that :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
True, but then you also have to document the physical exam.

Very true. But he said he was trained to document exactly what the patient said :) Hence the quotation marks. I've seen a few new EMTs get hammered on QA/QI because they wrote what the patient states w/out quotation marks and it was assumed that the EMT was making that assumption.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Very true. But he said he was trained to document exactly what the patient said :) Hence the quotation marks. I've seen a few new EMTs get hammered on QA/QI because they wrote what the patient states w/out quotation marks and it was assumed that the EMT was making that assumption.
Good point.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if your run reports are anything like what you posted, what do you think would be inferred about your EMS skills if it was shown in court?

Just something to think about. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
"EMS arrived on scene to find a garbage can fully involved. EMS and PD knocked down fire with fire extinguishers, fire out, rendering FD useless upon arrival"

on our call shets there is a space for assisting PD, FD, EMS and MIC units. At a large structure fire, under assiting fire, we wrote "All of them", our QA didnt find it nearly as funny as we did

another EMT i know wrote "Arrived to find pt on floor, pt c/o FDGB(fall down go boom), put on cot, drive to hospital" aparently FDGB isnt an appropriate assessment, guy got canned for it

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
"EMS arrived on scene to find a garbage can fully involved. EMS and PD knocked down fire with fire extinguishers, fire out, rendering FD useless upon arrival"

you mean FD isn't useless all the time? :p

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
you mean FD isn't useless all the time? :p

oh they are, but our reports are upload to a cad system that EMS PD and Fire share. We did it because we knew FD would see it when they did their report and thusly tick them off. the POs and the PD dispathers thought it was hilarious, mostly because we share a gruding dislike of the hosemonkeys