Worst names for an ambulance service...

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Stupid name....but a kick *** service from what I hear.

Amazing clinicians, excellent education and medical oversight. I would love to practice in their environment, but as a career move I would not work there. Things are not from what I have seen myself and heard from current and former medics improving since it was moved from Provincial/private to the current private, non-profit/mini-fiefdom for their CEO.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Apparently Pineapple Express Ambulance is now just Express Ambulance (do they do packages and priority mail too?).

Also, ironically, it appears that they operate Ford E-Series ambulances, as opposed to the alternative ones based on the Chevy Express.

OP
OP
Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob

Forum Crew Member
some of these names are hilarious...I thought (still do) that LA County was bad...lol

Also, I will add "ambu-" anything. And "trans-"...

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I still chuckle at New Orleans EMS being initialed as NOEMS. It is kinda true though.

How about the District of Columbia EMS' new name: DC FEMS? It's not only a feminine name but curses EMS at every mention " eff EMS". I'm sure the firefighters love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I think anything that has "life" or "care" in it is just tired.

In our area we have LifeCare (stupid also because of the random capitalization), also Lifeline. There's a company called Forrest Ambulance, and to make sure they are keeping up with the caring people they lettered "We Care" in quotes in all four sides of the box

I think when someone puts "Care" in the name, like in a nursing home or ambulance name, they are compensating for lack of care :) Because it seems the very worst places have "care" in the name.

BigPoppa

Forum Crew Member
around here, we have.....

the standard, interchangeable "MedStat", "First Call", "Pro-Med", and "Lifeguard". With those you could basically mix and match the first and second words of each for hours of fun of creating your own name ........ex. "FirstMed" or "LifeStat". The one that might trip you up would be "MedMed". :eek:

There's also "EMPACT", Regional, Liberty, and Rural/Metro.

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
around here we have Pro-Transport 1.

Never really got the name.

Why the "one?"

Then they are called a whole amalgamation of combos such as Pro-T, Pro-1, Transport-1 and Pro-Transport. It's like throwing darts...

home.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Soldiers EMS. And they exist. And their ambulances hurt my eyes.

DSC_2714.JPG

njff/emt

Forum Crew Member
here in jersey i've seen Friendly Care, GEM, LifeStreams, AMBICAB, Medi-Taxi, Trans-Med, People Transport, Sunny, Virgo, Bell Medical, and my personal favorite FUCHS EMS. I'm sure there's more to see and I shall post more if I do. Btw Bullets I actually used to work for Always Caring or as we called Never Caring, but the decussion about them is a WHOLE new thread.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
I don't know if it's been covered yet but, here in SOCAL there are quite a few versions of " CARE " you can receive.

Care
Americare
MAXCARE !!
Then if nothing else is working, there is .......
XTREME CARE :D

OP
OP
Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob

Forum Crew Member
I don't know if it's been covered yet but, here in SOCAL there are quite a few versions of " CARE " you can receive.

Care
Americare
MAXCARE !!
Then if nothing else is working, there is .......

Right?! Gawd awful nomenclature in LA...

sent from my mobile command center. or phone. whatever.

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant

heh... I wonder if the XTREME ift employees have to wear TACTICAL SHIRTS and TACTICAL PANTS, etc.... (tactical belts, tactical boots, tactical under armour undershirts, carry tactical flashlights......)