Women's EMT pants fit issues

RebelAngel

White Cloud
Mine don't fit like that. I am 5'2 and 120lbs. I have wide hips and carry some junk in my trunk but am small everywhere else. I wear Tru Spec.

khaysley

Forum Probie
This seems to be the right place to ask my question.

I having a problem finding EMT pants to buy for clinicals/ride time. I want to make sure that whatever I get that I will be able to use them after I pass my boards at the end of the semester. My main problem is that I'm 5'1.5 and have a big butt.... so I have to get large pants that won't be too long but will fit my small waist, and my big hips. Any ideas?? I wear anywhere from 16w to 20 in jeans depending on where I buy my clothes from.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
You'll probably have to have them hemmed. I still recommend the Tru-Specs, ours are sold unhemmed at the uniform store and then they're hemmed-to-order. Buy whatever size you need to fit and the length is easily accommodated.

TraumaTart

Forum Ride Along
Had a fair amount of luck with Blauer womens.They're heavy and can be hot but as I' m on the Gulf Coast runnin' around nekkid can get hot also.

Leporidae

Forum Ride Along
Since TraumaTart revived this thread I'm going to jump in as well :D I'm in a small town & the only pants locally are regular, non-cargo D ickies and 5.11. I've tried on 5.11 and they fit okay, but I'm interested in TruSpec because of price & the reviews. Amazon has them, and I thought maybe the fit would be better than 5.11. Is the sizing similar to 5.11? Meaning, should I go up one or two sizes from what I wear in jeans?

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Since TraumaTart revived this thread I'm going to jump in as well :D I'm in a small town & the only pants locally are regular, non-cargo D ickies and 5.11. I've tried on 5.11 and they fit okay, but I'm interested in TruSpec because of price & the reviews. Amazon has them, and I thought maybe the fit would be better than 5.11. Is the sizing similar to 5.11? Meaning, should I go up one or two sizes from what I wear in jeans?

I bought one size up then what i wear in jeans and they fit great! i can normally wear a 14 in jeans so i got a 16 to be on the safe side as i knew i could take them in better than out lol! They do come unhemmed. My one issues is they can be a bit stiff at first, im hoping the more wear they get the better they will be. I also ordered my from amazon with prime and they came quick!