Women's EMT pants fit issues

mt123

Forum Ride Along
I was fitted for EMT pants through my department but the fit seems iffy to me.

They are ****ies and are super high-waisted (several inches above my belly button). Because I have big hips, there are always really obvious horizontal wrinkles at the top of the pants near the crotch area. And whenever I sit down, all the fabric near the crotch bunches up and it looks like an awkward bulge.

Are most women's EMT pants like this? Or is it because the pants are high-waisted and my hips are wide while my thighs are smaller, causing the pants to fit me weirdly?

Thanks!

nick Joseph

Forum Crew Member
This isn't answering your question , But funny story ..

I have to get womens EMT pants because i'm to skinny / short lol.

I'm a guy btw ..

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Take them to a tailor? If you're unhappy with the fit perhaps having your pants tailored will make all the difference.

...but they're never gonna be fashionable.

Also, can you try another brand or do your pants have to be that specific brand?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've found ****ies to fit the worst.

Blauer, 5.11, and El Becco are the best for women in my opinion. Especially if you have hips like you said. I usually just go with men's pants.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Is there a reason why the particular brand of pants being discussed, the brand that starts with a "D" and is a nickname for Richards get censored? I get the desire for our professional forum to automatically censor unprofessional language and all, but it's almost as ridiculous as aviation forums censoring the word for the part of the plane where the pilots sit and control it (which yes I have seen before)

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Is there a reason why the particular brand of pants being discussed, the brand that starts with a "D" and is a nickname for Richards get censored?
I find it kind of endearing

I was fitted for EMT pants through my department but the fit seems iffy to me.
Of my female partners that I ever discussed the situation with (N=about 4) all but one chose to wear mens pants because of these types of issues. As a man, thats about the only advice I can give. Oh, but like @Anjel said nothing will really look THAT great.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I actually like the baggy crotch most of the time. More room to squat and not have your shirt come untucked and your butt hang out.

Anjel

Forum Angel

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
image.jpg
Phrasing!

Ripleydiva

Forum Probie
As a woman I had the same issue but recently, I just bought a pair of Women's EMT pants that are have an elastic waist band and fits my hips perfectly. There are pants that are made for women, I hated wearing male EMT pants or BDUs because of the horrid fit. If you want the brand name I will provide it.

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
I just bought some 5.11 and love them, excpet they seem like they are a bit faded! I do have a pair of 5.11 if they are the right size i would sell! They are to short for me :(

lorrainemichelle

Forum Ride Along
I have been looking all over for pants, I cant find any local. and i know there is fitting issues for woman, i have hips and a butt! but I want to be comfortablec an you guys help? brands that work for curvy girls. and any boot reccomendations?

twistedMP

Forum Crew Member
Try truspec, they seem to fit the big butt and hips I'm a guy but I've got a few coworkers that wear them plus they come in a women's fit $40 pair off the shelf

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Our standard-issue pants are the Tru-Specs. They're great. Must be worn with a belt otherwise they fall off but I've got hips and a butt too and they fit me fine.

As for boots, I wear Danners, and LOVE them. Worth every single penny.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I used to wear Tru Spec. I love them. And I love my Magnum Stealth Force boots. I can't wear either of them at my new job. They are very specific with pants and boots. The boots are SWAT. I hope they're comfortable. I had my other boots so nicely broken in. :(