Wilderness EMT course

MrJones

Iconoclast
TME Training in Dover, TN is doing the ASHI Wilderness EMT upgrade May 2-6, 2016. Same guidelines as the others, same content, much cheaper rate. Carries a 2 year certification. 3 1/2 days in the classroom and 24 hours in the wilderness. Call 731-924-8478 for more info.
What does an "ASHI WIlderness EMT upgrade" include?

Summit

Critical Crazy
What does an "ASHI WIlderness EMT upgrade" include?

It's 48-52 hours of WEMS training for already certified EMS providers, just like the other WEMT courses from WMI WMA SOLO DMM CMC. Your card just says ASHI.

N0TOK

Forum Ride Along
Does anybody know if you need this to work as a EMT on a wildland firefighting crew? I want to try and become a wildland medic, and I'm starting paramedic school this September.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anybody know if you need this to work as a EMT on a wildland firefighting crew? I want to try and become a wildland medic, and I'm starting paramedic school this September.
No. To become a wildland medic (FEMP), you are usually a paramedic employed with an agency and deployed as needed. If you work for a small agency, they often won't send you since they try to keep their medics in-district as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N0TOK

Forum Ride Along
No. To become a wildland medic (FEMP), you are usually a paramedic employed with an agency and deployed as needed. If you work for a small agency, they often won't send you since they try to keep their medics in-district as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks that's good to know
I'm currently just a EMT-B, but start medic school this year. I'm on a call/vol department so they can't really stop me from going, because it's with a different agency.

amg1322

Forum Crew Member
I hadn't even really considered doing WEMT. But I will be relocating to the Carolinas and I think it would be extremely helpful moving forward. After reading a post from a poster above about the WEMT program from SOLO at NOC, I will definitely be looking into it.

Kenneth Young

Forum Ride Along
I did mine through Remote Medical International. It was simply outstanding. Well worth the price tag in my opinion.