Where to get Jump Kit supplies

emtnc

Forum Probie
Amazon.com? Better prices out there? Looking for any help..thanks in advance!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yes they should be free from any service that asks you to carry a first response bag.

If you choose to spend your money check ebay, galls, pmi (progressive medical international), buyemp.com, walmart.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
:censored:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Uh, maybe to fill up a jump kit? If you don't have any helpful answers to my question please keep your questions/comments to yourself..thanks.

It was a comment. He wanted to know why you need the supplies. What purpose? Different stores sell different supplies.

Be nice.

OP
OP
E

emtnc

Forum Probie
It was a comment. He wanted to know why you need the supplies. What purpose? Different stores sell different supplies.

Be nice.

Sorry, maybe an overreaction, but I've seen some of his bullying on here to other members and frankly, don't approve of it.

P.S. I am nice, believe it or not!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Uh, maybe to fill up a jump kit? If you don't have any helpful answers to my question please keep your questions/comments to yourself..thanks.

He WAS being polite. It's a valid question considering BLS jump kit can mean many things to many people.

OP
OP
E

emtnc

Forum Probie
He WAS being polite. It's a valid question considering BLS jump kit can mean many things to many people.

Ok..a big apology then!

General items found in a BLS jump kit. That's it. Looking for the best place to order or shop (that is, cheapest). Thanks..

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

No, I figured as much but I'm wondering why you need a jump kit. If you need one for your volunteer activities, the agency you are working with should be providing it for you. Beyond that, all you need is a cell phone and maybe a Red Cross first aid kit if you're feeling really sporty.

Use the search and find such useful and informative threads on what I think you're considering (being prepared for "happening upon" injured persons ) such as:
"Help Me Fill My Personal Jump Kit" http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=18342
"Dozens Ignored a Man Dying on a Sidewalk in Queens, NY" http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=17911
"Why do YOU carry a personal jump/trauma bag?" http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=18192
"Off Duty EMT-Basic" http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=20282
"Trauma Bag Any Good" http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=21773

Great discussions of the technical, legal, moral, ethical and professional aspects of what I suspect you want to do. How's that for helpful?

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok..a big apology then!

None needed...no offense taken. I tend to be rather blunt and meant no offense with what I said either.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ok..a big apology then!

General items found in a BLS jump kit. That's it. Looking for the best place to order or shop (that is, cheapest). Thanks..
Once you've been around longer you will see that what might look not polite at first is some members way of just talking normally. Sugar coating things isn't done too often on this site (but more often than some would like it to be) :) Welcome to EMTLife.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
not-amused.jpg

Be nice!

Sorry, had to say it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Ok..a big apology then!

Still to broad a question. But I supplied you with the cheapest which is PMI followed by buyemp. There are some expensive ones as well like boundtree and moore medical.

Keep in mind some items can not be ordered w/o a doctor approving you for purchase.

But as stated first you should not have to buy your supplies they should be provided by your service.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Once you've been around longer you will see that what might look not polite at first is some members way of just talking normally. Sugar coating things isn't done too often on this site (but more often than some would like it to be) :) Welcome to EMTLife.

You can say it....it's ok. "Steve's just an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:." :p:p

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
You usually will not get any positive responses to this question. If you need a jump kit, your service will provide you with one. If you are asking where to buy them, we all assume your stocking it for your own personal use... Which isn't wrong, but generally frowned upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Which isn't wrong

Depends on what state you're in and what you decide to put in it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
(but more often than some would like it to be) :) .

You got that right but now that I have friends in high places no more sugar coating my replies. Thanks JT, Lucid, L&S for giving me free rein.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You got that right but know that I have friends in high places no more sugar coating my replies. Thanks JT, Lucid, L&S for giving me free rein.

You two are going to make me wanna go bash my head against a desk :p

medic417

The Truth Provider