where is everyone from

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by DukeCityEMT6@Apr 27 2005, 01:16 AM
West Mifflin/ Duquesne Pennsylvania. Suburb of Pittsburgh. Born and raised. Im new to the Forum. Looking to make some friends and have a god chat.

Matt J
DEMS
Sta 565
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

rescuemedic7306

Forum Crew Member
Originally from UK, now a US citizen and living in the Land of 10 gazillion mosquitos AKA Minnesota

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by DukeCityEMT6@Apr 27 2005, 03:16 AM
West Mifflin/ Duquesne Pennsylvania. Suburb of Pittsburgh. Born and raised. Im new to the Forum. Looking to make some friends and have a god chat.

Matt J
DEMS
Sta 565
Welcome, from Chester County, PA

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D Welcome! :D :D :D

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Orlando, FL but born and raised in Minneapolis, MN

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the group Susie. Be sure to tell everyone about yourself.

param

Forum Ride Along
Hi
Just joined so wanted to introduce myself.

I am a paramedic in Johannesburg South Africa, working for a private company and am also a flight medic, both fixed wing and heli.

Hope to spend many hours chatting.

OP
OP
E

emt3225

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by param@May 4 2005, 06:53 AM
Hi

I am a paramedic in Johannesburg South Africa, working for a private company and am also a flight medic, both fixed wing and heli.

welcome to our lovely family... :rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by param@May 4 2005, 06:53 AM
Hi

welcome, from the other side of the world.

Did you see the Feature article in the March JEMS on South Africa??? How accurate was it?

Jon

Tigs_9

Forum Probie
Originally posted by cbdemt@Apr 20 2005, 02:40 PM
Central IL here. Blaaaaa! Corn fields, bean fields, then more corn.

Tigs, Whats the scope of practice like in Ireland?
Sorry i been awway so long, was workin at last!!! Some money, its great! What do u mean by the scope of practise in Ireland? Do u mean like how big a range the job covers or about how much work u gotta do. PM me n ill get back to u.... :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Tigs_9+May 4 2005, 03:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tigs_9 @ May 4 2005, 03:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cbdemt@Apr 20 2005, 02:40 PM
Central IL here. Blaaaaa! Corn fields, bean fields, then more corn.

Tigs, Whats the scope of practice like in Ireland?
Sorry i been awway so long, was workin at last!!! Some money, its great! What do u mean by the scope of practise in Ireland? Do u mean like how big a range the job covers or about how much work u gotta do. PM me n ill get back to u.... :D [/b][/quote]
Scope of practice is "what X level provider can do under Y cicumstance"

Jon

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
I'm originally from San Jose, CA...but have recently relocated to Charleston (Mt Pleasant) , SC....

It's gorgeous here..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the group. I lived in Santa Cruz in Jan and Feb before moving to Orange County.

param

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 4 2005, 12:07 PM
Did you see the Feature article in the March JEMS on South Africa??? How accurate was it?

Jon
Missed that article. Any suggestions were i can get hold of it?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by param+May 5 2005, 03:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (param @ May 5 2005, 03:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@May 4 2005, 12:07 PM

Jon
Missed that article. Any suggestions were i can get hold of it? [/b][/quote]
Jems.com - not sure if it is free, or if you have to find someone who has a subscription for that month. I think that month may be free, because it was the EMS Today issue.

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Can't believe I haven't replied to this thread.

I'm originally from Pasadena, California. Now, I live in Sierra Madre California, which is the next city over (our house is 5 1/2 miles from my parents). Yes, I've lived in the same 5 1/2 mile circle my whole life. :rolleyes:

My wife's been more of the traveller. She grew up in central Indiana, went to school in southern Indiana, went to some more school in Virginia, then moved out here.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by param@May 4 2005, 04:53 AM
Hi

Welcome aboard. One of our trainees (and her husband) is from South Africa.

param

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 5 2005, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 5 2005, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by param@May 5 2005, 03:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@May 4 2005, 12:07 PM

Jon

Missed that article. Any suggestions were i can get hold of it?
Jems.com - not sure if it is free, or if you have to find someone who has a subscription for that month. I think that month may be free, because it was the EMS Today issue.

Jon [/b][/quote]
I still have not been able to get hold of that article, but if they mentioned that there are less than 400 active EMT-P for the whole country, they would be correct.

If they mentioned that we can treat up to 10 gunshot/stabbing victims in one night and on a regular bases they would be correct.

If they said that we can then respond up to 4 serious MVAs in one shift they would be correct.

I could go on but i hope that that gives you an indication of what can happen, will try to get hold of the article, till then hope this answers the question.