Where is everyone from

aristigal

Forum Probie
I just wanted to say hi. I just found these boards and thought I would look around. I've been an EMT 3 years, 2 years as a B and then another year as a CC here in NY. Just curious where people are from and stuff like that. I am graduating from Paramedic school well...anytime now. I have my NREMT tonight and the practical tomorow then the state will be in a couple weeks. AGH!!!!

ECC

Forum Captain
Good luck on your boards!

I am a transplanted New Yawker in Colorado...They were not ready for me...let me tell you! :blink:

Doctor B

Forum Crew Member
Currently residing in Northern IL about 1.5 hrs. NW of Chicago.
I work FT for a FD in the Western burbs called Naperville (town of about 150,000)
and part time on a medical helicopter in Northern IL called Flight For Life.
My screen name is what my co-workers call me at the FD due to my side job as an expanded scope medic combined with the first initial of my last name.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Well I am from northwest Iowa. And will probley be here for ever!! Or at least until I get done with Nursing school.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm from Chester County, PA

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Sarasota, Florida this month. Who knows where I'll be next month. :eek: :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D Welcome! :D :D :D

I'm originally from Long Island, but live in Naples, FL. Good luck on your tests, I just took the NREMT (for EMT-B ) last Sunday, I feel your pain :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Good luck and welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

rdkl

Forum Crew Member
I am from San Jose, CA (Pretty close to San Francisco if you arent familiar with the area)

ECC

Forum Captain
Anyone here from Whogivesadamnistan?

:lol:

It is right next to Whogivesaf***istan! <_<

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rdkl@Jun 4 2005, 09:24 PM
I am from San Jose, CA (Pretty close to San Francisco if you arent familiar with the area)
I was stationed in Alameda for four years, and lived in Redwood City for two of those.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I am from central Oklahoma...

Be safe,
Ridryder 911

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Live in Terre Haute, IN, but I'm an Intermediate EMT in Illinois and I work at a hospital in Illinois as a respiratory therapist.

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Orlando, FL here....Wingnut, I take my NR for emt-b on the 27th...how was it? anything i should know? well, besides the obvioius?

Brandon

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Seattle/Portland this week

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by ECC@Jun 5 2005, 12:05 AM
Anyone here from Whogivesadamnistan?

It is right next to Whogivesaf***istan! <_<

ROFLMFAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Run~ It wasn't THAT bad, but the questions do try to trick you. READ them carefully, best thing to study is the AHA's BLS for healthcare providers and review your text, I also had my husband quiz me from the latest EMT-B review manual, but I can't say whether it really helped or not.

Then again I don't even know if I passed yet, so I might be giving you all bad advice
:(

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
aristigal

aristigal

Forum Probie
Well the NREMT-P went well got through the practical and the written I walked out with the same feeling as when I did the EMT-B....who knows. I'm sure I passed but there are a lot of double negatives and I hate the ones where all the answers are actually right but you have to pick the BEST one. We did quite a bit of talking about it at the practical and I think I did fine.

No I don't live near whogivesaf***istan but I do live right next to east and west bumbleF***

I had a friend in HS that moved from Naperville IL.

I know a few people said they were from NY but this is kind of a different planet as far as NY is concerned. I live closer to Canada and NYC. AGH!!!! It's cold as heck in the winter but it makes for good snowmobiling. Hopefully when hubby gets out of the army we can get out of here. I am originally from CT for anyone that cares. So I actually grew up about 60miles from NYC.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yep, "upstate" is a very different world than NYC or LI.

jonaeromed

Forum Ride Along
I originate from England but have worked all over. Now settled in sunny Portugal.

Good luck with your finals