What subjects to study for nremt b?

Bpatton

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, I am studying for my nremt b exam coming up in 4 days, just wondering what topics to review that'll help me on the test! Thanks

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
Hey everyone, I am studying for my nremt b exam coming up in 4 days, just wondering what topics to review that'll help me on the test! Thanks

You know that book you read during your class? I'd start with that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Everything. The NREMT is usually very good about asking questions on every single topic. Your EMT book holds all the answers...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know that book you read during your class? I'd start with that.

You're a **** but I was gonna say it. Thanks for making me not have to be one hahah

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I can see it now. Your exam is going to have fourteen questions on airway, one about pediatric airway positioning, it will have two questions about ACS, seven related to CHF, nine on trauma, six regarding incident command structure and hazmat. There will be two OB questions one on childbirth, eleven on medical legal and ethics, nine on ambulance operations and two on seizures.

You should study chapters 1,4,9,21,32,6,8,11,18,27 and 36 to achieve a perfect score.

Now give me a minute to put my crystal ball away, I sure do hope all the patients you care for are described in those chapters...

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Giving a serious answer:

There are a lot of great test prep things available for NREMTB. You can find flashcards on amazon.com you can find books at amazon or Barnes and noble, you can use software like JBLearning on your phone or computer, etc. You can also get a study group going with people from your class. I would try to do as many different options as possible.

drl

Forum Lieutenant
Do sets of comprehensive practice questions and see what subjects you miss most frequently. Then study those topics in depth. 4 days isn't really enough to reread the entire book, so that's the best use of your time.

Two other pointers:
- Be rock-solid with your patient assessment order/priorities
- Know the "freebie" numbers (ie: burn surface area estimation, GCS, normal vital ranges, ...)

Study smart, and good luck.

epicEMT

Forum Crew Member
Make sure you are more than confident in airway, cardiology, medical, trauma, obstetrics, and operations.