What is the Pay scales in your area?

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
It might also be worth considering that some volunteer positions, especially in fire, offer pretty good benefits. I've seen free training, health insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement pensions, free physicals, significant discounts on all kinds of stuff, tax exemptions, and so on. Benefits offered and activity requirements to qualify vary widely from department to department, but it might be worth looking into, depending on your situation.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
8jim... i i never realized that austin had a third service EMS system... thats awesome!!! seems like a great organization to work for... is this true?

ATCEMS is an awesome system, great pay and benefits. 1st year straight pay off of a 40 hour work week is in the upper $40's. I know a few folks making $80k+ with moderate OT.

Also a popular option is Williamson County, another great system with decent pay and benefits.

Other than that, you have the privates. AMR is, well, AMR. what else can I say. Guardian sucks and I am actually surprised they are still in business with some of the tactics they pulled in their 911 contracts. Acadian is o.k. but logistically challenged in Austin being so far away from their motherland...........

Its the same game, just different players........

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I make greater than 10.50 hour base pay. (No more than 15 cents more than that) and have full benefits. I'm an EMT-B in an EMT position, only been at this company a little more than 3 and a half months.

nubi2probi

Forum Ride Along
Soo confused why is the pay scale SO different in the US compared to Canada.

Im hoping to start the EMT course this jan. glad im in canada lool

pay is AWSOME here compared to you states guys.

Come to the light ;)

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Soo confused why is the pay scale SO different in the US compared to Canada.

Im hoping to start the EMT course this jan. glad im in canada lool

pay is AWSOME here compared to you states guys.

Come to the light ;)

Don't tempt me! I actually did consider moving to Canada several years ago.

nubi2probi

Forum Ride Along
its nice up here...

less gun crimes
BUT
we get F*D up SNOWY WINTERS...

make your trade haha

EMT-P in my city start hourly in my city is 30-38$ an hour.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
its nice up here...

less gun crimes
BUT
we get F*D up SNOWY WINTERS...

make your trade haha

EMT-P in my city start hourly in my city is 30-38$ an hour.

Read the thread on comparing cost of living and you will have your answer...

medic417

The Truth Provider

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
ATCEMS is an awesome system, great pay and benefits. 1st year straight pay off of a 40 hour work week is in the upper $40's. I know a few folks making $80k+ with moderate OT.

I've actually been looking at ATCEMS for after I get my medic.

Scary thought, huh?

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
It would be a good career starter for you, IMHO. Again, its a great system, with good pay and awesome benefits.

Have you considered MedStar???

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
Just interviewed yesterday and they said the base pay for a basic was $9.00. He said that if hired the actual starting pay will be discussed with HR and will be based on previous experience. There is also 11% for after the first 8 hours and 15% for the over night hours (7pm-7am) if you work the 24 hr shift.

Not sure what the Medics base is.