What does your agency ride in...

MrRevesz

Forum Crew Member
This is a second agency i'm with; since this photo, all the rigs have been updated with LED lights, and possibly new paint jobs. We're expecting a new rig within the next few months, a ford from horton

allrigs-lite.jpg

52-passenger.jpg

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
Huh! Well, I guess there is another one. I s'pose in that case we are the only 911 Sheriff's Amb. (Actually we do all EMS and transport in our area. 911, IFT, prison calls.....)

---------------
And with that I am at 620 posts, I better stop, now that I have an even number, and leave it till September.

Well ours was for the area outside the city limits until recently so now you are..lol

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Mama

attachment.php
gallery

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Here are a couple of the vehicles at my service. The livery will likely be changing in the near future though as we've just wrapped up a consultation on vehicle design and Ambulance safety with Dr. Nadine Levick. Right now no one knows what next year's order is going to look like.

gallery_3054_5_20347.jpg

gallery_3054_5_71668.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider
Guess search is broken again as this thread already exists.

medic417

The Truth Provider

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
MORE visible??? I cannot imagine what more visible looks like. I can almost see it from over here in the US as it is... If my memory serves me correctly, Australia had a big part in creating a new standard in the US that requires us to have bright chevrons on the back of our apparatus. I hated it at first but I must say I am getting used to it more and more. I just hope that you guys dont push the retro checkered pattern on us!

I don't know if we'll see too much of the total checkered pattern. If you follow the work of Dr. Nadine Levick closely, she touches on flaws with overdoing the retroreflective such that the basic outline of the vehicle is lost making judging distance at night ineffective. Therefore that pattern from head to toe is less safe at night.

Also of note, chevrons on the back should point up. Apparently downward pointing chevrons are more likely to attract a collision by drawing the driver in.

Sorry I can't provide references as this was all from a video podcast I watched last week.

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
I don't know if we'll see too much of the total checkered pattern. If you follow the work of Dr. Nadine Levick closely, she touches on flaws with overdoing the retroreflective such that the basic outline of the vehicle is lost making judging distance at night ineffective. Therefore that pattern from head to toe is less safe at night.

Also of note, chevrons on the back should point up. Apparently downward pointing chevrons are more likely to attract a collision by drawing the driver in.

Sorry I can't provide references as this was all from a video podcast I watched last week.

Yeah the images keith10247 is referring to was a trial done by the Adelaide Uni, was never adopted.

The new ones look (mostly) like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

lafmedic1

Forum Crew Member
My rig in the first picture , The back of an Excellance Narrow Body decked in wood grain for Gustav i had to suffer in , And in the last picture many of the different types in service and by coincidence the second to last truck is the same unit in the second pictue some three years later

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 456
  • Me and Jason Gustav.jpg
    Me and Jason Gustav.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 457
  • Katrina_ambulances on I10.jpg
    Katrina_ambulances on I10.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 460

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
in the last picture many of the different types in service and by coincidence the second to last truck is the same unit in the second pictue some three years later

I have never seen so many ambulances in my life:wacko:

lafmedic1

Forum Crew Member
Can a forum moderator encode my pictures so they appear in the post instead of an attachment and tell me how to do it and heres another pic from gustav maybe some of your guys trucks are in here . BTW I was leading convoys of 30 + units around the area the first night.THats really fun .Heres a few from the evacs. Once someone tells me how to encode I will post a Gustav Pic topic

Attachments

• DSC_0638.jpg
    DSC_0638.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 447
  • GEDC0154.jpg
    GEDC0154.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 444
  • GEDC0155.jpg
    GEDC0155.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 409

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
well it sure doesn't look like there's a lot of room to work in. As big as those things are on the outside I figured there'd be tons of space!

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Our service uses 2 MEDTEC and one Wheeled Coach ambulances. I believe they are type III (the type with a door between patient compartment and cab). I only have pics of the 2 MEDTECs. These pics are of the older of the two MEDTECs. It was aquired in I think 2004. The night pic of it was taken on a mission as part of the Pennsylvannia Region 2 Strike Team deplyment to Katrina.

6703a.jpg

6703b.jpg

6703c.jpg

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Ok since I can only post 3 pics per post there will be 2 posts for the new MEDTEC. It was aquired in either late 2008 or early 2009. It was sent down south for hurricane Gustav as another deployment of the Pennsylvannia Region 2 Strike team.

Exterior:

6705b.jpg

6705a.jpg

6705c.jpg