What does your agency ride in...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently they broke out the "AmbuBus" for real, first real MCI transporting patients to the hospital here:

An airplane encountered some unexpected severe turbulence causing 40 injuries, but most of those were "walking wounded" so the called the EMS Bus in. I knew they had one (Honolulu Fire has their own bus that could potentially also be called, don't think that one has been used real world at all though), but so far the EMS Bus has only been used at standbys.

Some more info on the bus itself:

USHmedic

Forum Probie
CE100995-E1EF-4515-9B87-B024FF3F7DB7.jpeg
B67F6D5F-132A-4886-9F86-1157352F1BCE.jpeg

Fastfrankie19151

Forum Crew Member
Squad 7 is 2011 GMC Yukon first responder vehicle that carries our rescue equipment and can also serve as a command vehicle. My Personal EMS response unit is a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta, 2.5, 5 speed Wolfsberg edition ;)

Located in Minot Maine
Do you have a beep beep horn instead of the air horn 😂

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Transits, boxes, and ugly *** crappy vans. The vans should have been retired ages ago.

that guy

Forum Probie
We have 1-ton Dodge Rams. Love them. There are a few short-cab van rigs left in service and they are awful.

OrthoHypo

Forum Probie
I'm at a private service that has multiple garages/stations throughout a major metropolitan area. My garage mostly runs Ford Transit vans, converted by either Miller or AEV (the AEV rigs are a lot better). We just got a few "new" rigs from another department that are high-top Chevy Express conversions. We also have a bariatric transport unit which is a box on an E-350 chassis, and a golf cart with a stretcher for special event coverage. My understanding is that we run vans because most of our staff are new and inexperienced and prone to sideswiping things. I can't imagine running a serious ALS call out of such a small rig though.