What do you do on your days off?

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
Just curious. I could imagine I would do..nothing. lol

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I haven't done nothing in 8 years. I sometimes ache for doing nothing. Enjoy it for me, will you?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Right at this second... nothing much :p video games, and photography right now. When I get another bike I'll get back on the track for roadracing. Come January I'll be spending all my free time in class, clinicals, and driving to said educational functions :p

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Video Games, fly, or WWII Reenacting :D

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Umm...study, and if I'm super lucky, study some more :p

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
WWII Reenacting, SCUBA diving, surfing, surf fishing, jet skiing, beach going

Generally being around the beach, i only live 2 miles from the atlantic

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Post on EMTLife! ... starbucks, out to dinner with friends, volunteer with the Red Cross, plan for the future.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Post on EMTLife! ... starbucks, out to dinner with friends, volunteer with the Red Cross, plan for the future.

So are you my rich friend? Can I borrow or better yet have some money?:p

Between work, providing education, being a homeowner, etc I do not know what this days off thing is that is being spoke of. :unsure:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Why do I have to be rich to go to Starbucks?

medic417

The Truth Provider

When a cup of coffee costs as much if not more than the entire gallon can of coffee to make your own you must be rich if you buy. :p

Have you ever gotten just coffee at starbucks? It is some nasty tasting crap and it confuses the kids at the counter. I never buy but sometimes my partner wants it so buys me a cup.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
When a cup of coffee costs as much if not more than the entire gallon can of coffee to make your own you must be rich if you buy. :p

Have you ever gotten just coffee at starbucks? It is some nasty tasting crap and it confuses the kids at the counter. I never buy but sometimes my partner wants it so buys me a cup.

Here's the way I see it, and then we'll allow the thread to get back on topic. Feel free to PM if you want to continue talking about it.

I fully agree. Coffee, lattes, even their food is priced high. However, I never go there just to get something and then leave. I get a lot of my brainstorming and idea/plan writing done there. So I may pay $4 for a latte and $2 for a sandwich, but then I spend 2 or 3 hours there 'working'. That's $6 spent to get away from distractions, think freely, and if I want, be social with friends and family. I think it's a fair trade.

Now, back on topic. :p

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
In no particular order of importance or time devoted:

Spend time with my wife and kids; study for EMT class; read; play Mafia Wars on Facebook; participate in online message boards, such as this one; watch movies; browse the internet doing whatever kind of research I've been randomly inspired to do.

Not very exciting, really.

I can't currently afford any of my hobbies, which used to include building plastic models (usually of cars or military airplanes), collecting a wide variety of collectibles (stamps, playing cards, Coca-Cola products/memorabilia, Star Wars toys, comic books, and various other assorted types of things), and a few other things.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead

A large coffee at starbucks is like 2.50, that's about average around here for a cup

Pittma

Forum Crew Member
I'm pretty heavily involved with music, I like to kick back with my guitar and play a few tunes. I also like to fish (in the summer), sleep, and anything nature. Or just wander the streets of Boston and people watch.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard

They have the nickname of "Fivebucks" for a reason. It costs a "latte" money to order from there.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Some forum members here have stated that their regularly scheduled work hours exceed 80/wk, plus holdovers. Others are constantly mandated. I experienced this on a 24/48 where it was more like a 36/36 to 48/24. Others still work two to three jobs, so they're never home. I'm going to say that these people spend much of their time recovering in bed from work, just so they can do it again.