what do you carry with you at work

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
What do you expect, that's not required to pass the test!

Final Test:

Question One: Air goes?
A: In an out.
B: Round and round.
C: In the tyres.
D: Ooohhhh flashy lights!

Question Two: Blood goes?
A: In and out.
C: All over my Batman Utility Belt when I start a line.
D: Ooohhh flashy lights!

Question Three: You arrive to find a patient in asystole with no bystander CPR being performed. Do you?
A: Start resus! Push Epi to restart the heart! STAT!
B: Cry.
C: CPR to hospital.

Question Four: Education in EMS is?
A: A waste of time, edumafacation never done helped me drive no amboolanse.
B: Un-American.
C: To be feared, avoided, ridiculed and ignored.

Answers:
Questions One through to Three: D
Question Four: Any answer is acceptable.

Congrabulations your now a sertifyed paramedec.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
My answer is D

Merc.gif

MercRear.gif

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Question Three: You arrive to find a patient in asystole with no bystander CPR being performed. Do you?
A: Start resus! Push Epi to restart the heart! STAT!
C: CPR to hospital.

E: I charge the paddles to 200, rub them together, then shock it, because that's what they do on ER and Trauma. Then I pound his chest and say, "Stay with me!" before saying, "Again!" and repeating the whole shock thing. Then I make sad eyes at the pretty nurse and say, "We've done everything we can. Call it."

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
final test:

Question one: Air goes?
A: In an out.
C: In the tyres.
D: Ooohhhh flashy lights!

Question two: Blood goes?
A: In and out.
C: All over my batman utility belt when i start a line.

Question three: You arrive to find a patient in asystole with no bystander cpr being performed. Do you?
A: Start resus! Push epi to restart the heart! Stat!
C: Cpr to hospital.

Question four: Education in ems is?
A: A waste of time, edumafacation never done helped me drive no amboolanse.
B: Un-american.
C: To be feared, avoided, ridiculed and ignored.

Answers:
Questions one through to three: D
question four: Any answer is acceptable.

Congrabulations your now a sertifyed paramedec.

lmao!!

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
E: I charge the paddles to 200, rub them together, then shock it, because that's what they do on ER and Trauma. Then I pound his chest and say, "Stay with me!" before saying, "Again!" and repeating the whole shock thing. Then I make sad eyes at the pretty nurse and say, "We've done everything we can. Call it."

Good answer! For extra credit though, you should have included having a tempestuous affair with said pretty nurse while your wife (a pediatrician) is trying to assuage feelings of guilt at having 'lost' a young patient by volunteering in Africa and, unbeknownst to you, having been taken hostage by rebel fighters, and then falling for the charismatic leader of the rebels. Oh, and you didn't yell 'STAT!' at any stage, which next year will be a pass/fail component.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
For extra, extra credit you could have at least split his chest open with a rib spreader and looked for cardiac tamponade

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
For extra, extra credit you could have at least split his chest open with a rib spreader and looked for cardiac tamponade

I have to take a weekend course in emergency cardiac surgery before I'm allowed to crack a chest in the field.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I have to take a weekend course in emergency cardiac surgery before I'm allowed to crack a chest in the field.

I know where there's a 2 hour condensed version. :p

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two words for you if you'r out of pockets.

Keister Stash.:blush:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
DGB-VisorOrganizer_400x400_1_jpg_400x400_upscale_q85.jpg

claty111

Forum Probie
Better watch out for that hat pocket. People will start calling 911 for the tremendously sore neck someones going to be having with 7 pounds of god knows what on the bill of their hat!

"Why yes Mr. Johnson, my many years of education leave me to believe that the pain you are experiencing is in fact from the contraption up there hidden oh so mysteriously above your line of sight!"

njff/emt

Forum Crew Member
shears, pen, penlight, littman, box o' gloves in my bookbag, and my personal ADR multi-cuff kit.

Fox800

Forum Captain
ID card, Surefire G2 flashlight, Motorola Minitor pager, Motorola XTS radio, glove pouch, Big Shears, PPE pouch with all kinds of crap in it (ALS field guide, N95 mask, DuoDote autoinjector, protocol book, trauma tourniquet), key clip, pager pouch, stethoscope around neck, safety glasses.

I'm not the most heavily-laden paramedic at my job, not by a long shot. Half of the aforementioned equipment is required to be on your person when out of the station.

DMAN

Forum Ride Along
I keep trama shears,ink pen,pen light,gloves,o2 wrench,and a bls field guide in my pockets.it seems like alot but its not.

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
ID card, Surefire G2 flashlight, Motorola Minitor pager, Motorola XTS radio, glove pouch, Big Shears, PPE pouch with all kinds of crap in it (ALS field guide, N95 mask, DuoDote autoinjector, protocol book, trauma tourniquet), key clip, pager pouch, stethoscope around neck, safety glasses.

I'm not the most heavily-laden paramedic at my job, not by a long shot. Half of the aforementioned equipment is required to be on your person when out of the station.

Required to be on your person why?

Hmmm.... I thought I was prepared when I showed up with a pen.

mare_liberum

Forum Probie
Lets see... I've got my trauma shears, pen light, regular writing pen, O2 wrench (on my keychain, so I guess I have that with me no matter where I go :rolleyes:), my stethoscope and a pair of gloves.

I always figure that anything else I'd need is in the jump bag anyway...

Hartford_northend

Forum Ride Along
i carry a flash light, gloves pack of camel filters a lighter and
i carry a O.P.A. and i shall defend why
i use it to prop doors open, instead of my hat or pen it works and no one will steal and O.P.A
and if i break my straw for my coffee a 7.5 tube works great another helpful tip

MRE

Forum Captain
Work for me is a defense contractor,with office, warehouse and manufacturing space.

I am part of the company emergency response team, which deals with EMS, fire, HAZMAT, confined space operations, etc. As an EMT with an outside service, I am issued a radio and a jump kit to keep in my office. In addition, I carry on my person a CPR microshield and a pair of gloves. Beyond that I carry a flashlight, multitool and pocket knife, but I don't consider those to be necessarily EMS related.