What do you carry? - The mega thread

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
narc keys, .

No Knox Box style key vault?

I don't know if I'm a mess or if I don't care or what... I carry a Pedi Wheel (quick, it's 2AM and you need to give a 3 year old adenosine) and a pen light.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Belt: Portable radio, drug pouch (fentanyl and morphine) and a holster with shears and a couple clamps

On person: Vehicle keys and immobiliser (if driving), stethoscope. a couple pens, phone, pocket version of CPG and watch.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Depends if I'm going rural or not.

If I'm working in a civilian tent, I bring a carabiner or two (steel ones, not aluminum) to hang my pack and jacket off the ground using tent's rigging or etc. From now on, I will also bring some braided nylon cord as well, either net twine or parachute cord, to help secure the tent.

When I worked ambulance: shears, good penlight, swiss army knife, wallet, pad and pen.

Guard field support: my aid kit by my side at all times, the above plus small Visegrips (name brand with wire cutter), bigger flashlight and red filter, and food in my leg pockets. And water & a MCU2/P mask/MOPP4 kit.

I've owned three combo tools now and I don't find them good enough.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Iphone, 1 partially eaten snickers bar, 1 stick of juicy fruit, and 2 quarters.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Depends if I'm going rural or not.

If I'm working in a civilian tent, I bring a carabiner or two (steel ones, not aluminum) to hang my pack and jacket off the ground using tent's rigging or etc. From now on, I will also bring some braided nylon cord as well, either net twine or parachute cord, to help secure the tent.

When I worked ambulance: shears, good penlight, swiss army knife, wallet, pad and pen.

Guard field support: my aid kit by my side at all times, the above plus small Visegrips (name brand with wire cutter), bigger flashlight and red filter, and food in my leg pockets. And water & a MCU2/P mask/MOPP4 kit.

I've owned three combo tools now and I don't find them good enough.

Why would you pack around steel carabiners, a aluminum one is still good for 24KN?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I think a good pretty aluminum one costs way more than the $3 for a big steel one no one would steal. And I've straightened cheap aluminum ones with the loads I've hung on them at times.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
In addition to aid bags on every call, i carry a small bag to keep my personal supplies in.

In it:

Stethoscope
Hearing Protection
Eye Protection
A few N95 masks
Spare gloves
Pen light
Multi-tool
Sharpie

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
On the ambulance:
Small folder, pens, pair of gloves, penlight, iPhone, wallet, hospital and company IDs, and watch. Shears and stethoscope if I remember to grab them out of the back.

At hockey games:
Small folder, iPhone, and this rather odd looking sling pack with wound care, tapes, PPE, shears, TK, and other odds and ends.

atmessengerpack_1_0.png

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
On the ambulance:
Small folder, pens, pair of gloves, penlight, iPhone, wallet, hospital and company IDs, and watch. Shears and stethoscope if I remember to grab them out of the back.

At hockey games:
Small folder, iPhone, and this rather odd looking sling pack with wound care, tapes, PPE, shears, TK, and other odds and ends.

atmessengerpack_1_0.png

Quite the disparity between your avatar and the model in that picture. :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
All the time:
iPhone
Couple of pens
Flashlight (currently a Streamlight Polytac LED)
Wallet
Car Keys

When on duty:
Radio (usually on a radio strap)
Handful of gloves in thigh pocket
Shears
Scope
Work key ring (big locking carabiner w/ my multiple services narc keys and WANTYNU O2 wrench). I keep all of them together so I don't loose them.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
A chicken sandwich
A driver's license
Condoms
Hognus Wagner baseball card
DVD of last David Copperfield special.

Joe

Forum Captain
Guess i will jump on the band waggon.. two pens, pen light, copenhagen, wallet, phone. I am in the market for a good small flashlight like a streamlight. Its dark working graveyards in poorly lit places

SFox3325

Forum Probie
EMS Duty - Minitor 4, city issued cell phone, LED Flashlight with varable light output, EMT Basic flipbook (in my cargo pocket), gloves, Gerber multi-tool, HT1000 radio in firemans strap, shears, notepad, and lots of dollar store pens, always seem to loose them, or for when I have to throw them out.

Off Duty - Minitor 4, city phone, and flashlight.

What do you carry?

I carry two different set ups:

On duty (Security Officer/EMT)
Right side:
Pepper spray
Handcuffs
Flashlight ring
Maglight

Left side:
RCB Baton
Key ring

Right pant pocket:
Vehicle keys

Right pant utility pocket:
Nitrile Gloves

Left pant pocket:
Leatherman Crunch multi tool

Left pant utility pocket:
Empty

Right shirt pocket:
iPhone

Left shirt pocket:
Handcuff key
Notepad
Pens

BLS bag is stored in vehicle trunk.

Off duty (Civilian)
iPhone
Nitrile gloves
Leatherman
Vehicle keys
House keys

I tend to keep it simple when I'm not on duty.

Last edited by a moderator:

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
I carry a stethoscope, hangs out in the truck when not on calls.

Other than that, its my wallet and phone. I keep my keys in my station bag.

Anything else I've ever needed is provided by my employer and kept on the ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ucapit

Forum Ride Along
What do you carry?

Does anyone use ems supplies and first aid medical supplies from vending machines? Do you think it helps maintain the inventory of what you carry?

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
Watch, iphone, Cigs/lighter, wallet, hat/sunglasses, radio w/lapel mic, work ID badge and my S&W pocket knife.

Off duty nothing but my birthday suit! Lol. Wallet, cell phone, knife, and cigs.

CMHills

Forum Probie
I prefer to carry a backboard, spider straps, and a D-tank in my left anterior superior cargo system.

I've also sewn red. white, and amber flashers onto the shoulders of all of my shirts, off and on duty. Can never be too careful.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I prefer to carry a backboard, spider straps, and a D-tank in my left anterior superior cargo system.

I've also sewn red. white, and amber flashers onto the shoulders of all of my shirts, off and on duty. Can never be too careful.

What is on your bat belt?