What do you carry? - The mega thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
PPE pouch (company required). Pen and a notepad. Also a pager (company required).

Everything else I wear on a daily basis (watch, cellular device, wallet, etc).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Basic lifting service. Your mean.

Lol those who have been around a while know I'm getting sarcastic. Honestly I carry my scope, pen, pen light, and a pair of shears. I do have a bag in the truck with hard copies of the flip guides I have in my phone and a few extra toys

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
What's is the multi tool for?

What isn't a multitool for? The possibilities are endless...

I really don't have to carry much with me since in the hospital each room has a cart stocked full of supplies. I usually have a couple flushes (which is technically against JCHAO but I'm a rebel), sterile luer caps, an assortment of pens/markers, hemostat, penlight, and my stethoscope.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh mam, I'm realizing that I used to carry a lot...

2 pens
note pad
Pocket Drug Guide
Tarascon's Emergency Medicine book
Leatherman
Glove pouch
Stethoscope w/ light attached on the bell
Shears (often forgot)
Bougie (yeah, carried my own, so I didn't have to search for it)
Watch

Of course that's not including the pager, radio, and work phone.

Tarascon and drug guide would now be replaced w/ my iphone if i were back on the street.

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
I need to get an oxygen wrench, I haven't wrenched any oxygen for so long...

I'll reprise my answer from a much earlier time: On calls I carry my keys, my wallet and the chip on my shoulder.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My load has lightened significantly.

Radio, pager, narc keys, shears, 2 pens and my phone.

I used to carry a ton. Now, less is more.

kodymakesnoise

Forum Ride Along
In response to earlier questions
I guess technically 1 pair of shears one tape cutter
And my multitool is fof wicked titty twisters on unruly PT... or just to have incase I need it I carry it daily so it just is on my belt

I should start doing that with my pens instead of alcohol prepping it every call.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
I was thinking of getting one of these. How do you like it?

Love it. Been using one for years, back when you could seemingly only get them from drug reps. The only catch is to make sure you hold it firmly to the bell when auscultating as its movement can add noise.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Love it. Been using one for years, back when you could seemingly only get them from drug reps. The only catch is to make sure you hold it firmly to the bell when auscultating as its movement can add noise.

That's one of the things that's making me hesitant, in addition to how it will mess with how I like to hold it. They're cheap, though, maybe I'll give it a try!

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
When I respond, I grab my stethoscope (usually kept by the kitchen door or in my car) which I have attached a watch to. I take my cell-phone, wallet, and epi-pen out of my purse and put them in my pockets (I don't take my purse on calls). I keep a couple pairs of gloves and a pen in the arm-rest of my car, along with a small notebook. Everything else I could want is on the ambulance. I keep my radio on me when I'm able to respond.

In my jacket pockets there is usually a couple packs of chewing gum, both regular and caffeinated.

If by chance the call is close enough to my house where I could walk to scene faster than I could drive to the firehouse, I have a department issued jump kit that I will take and radio in that I'm going direct on foot. Otherwise, the jump kit stays home.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
That's one of the things that's making me hesitant, in addition to how it will mess with how I like to hold it. They're cheap, though, maybe I'll give it a try!

I bought the ADC clip-on light and the first time I clicked the button it broke and wouldn't turn off. I took it back and got another one which broke within a few days. It was very useful but horrible quality. Maybe a different brand would be better.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
multiple pairs of gloves in my pocket, pen, pager, Hand held (if first on)...and thats it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wallet, phone, sharpie, shears, flashlight, radio, narcs and narc keys. Stethoscope wanders from my pocket to hanging on the map light in the cab between calls.

Ew, that's a lot.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Pen, wallet, SmartPhone. My employer provides the rest. I grab what I need from the back of the bus.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was new? Nothing but the radio and spare gloves...

Now? Pair of eyeware, sparegloves, radio, and shears

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Pen,sharpie,notepad/flip guide/knife in cargo pocket-never really use them, shears-depends on if I feel like carrying them, narcs on belt, unit cell phone in pocket, personal phone, WANTYNU oxygen wrench and lately at night I've been carrying a Black Diamond head lamp in a cargo pocket. Hands free light is awesome.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Gloves, pen, and notepad.