What do you carry 24/7 while on or off the job?

hatsuo

Forum Crew Member
What are items does everyone carry 24/7 while on or off the job?

cell phones, knives, wallets, keys, anything random...............include what kind of item you carry.

Just curious.

Since I posted new thread I will start.

Here is my list (I am off the job. I am just starting basic.)

1. Wallet carry in front right pocket
2. A quarter (always carried one since I was 10)
3. A utility knife (Spyderco)
4. Cell phone (Iphone)
5. 2 sets of keys car keys and house keys.
6. a pen (always lose them but always end up with a new one oooops!)
7. A watch (different ones I like to collect all types and brands)
8. String bracelet on my right wrist and right ankle
:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
EAA Witness in 10mm w/ spare 15rd mag (not on the job obviously)
Kershaw Blur knife
keys
Evo 4G
Wallet, money, etc

Nothing on my wrists usually. Mainly cause the tattoo on my wrist is covered by watches, but I do wear a watch to work (5.11 older watch)

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Off-the-Job:
1. Wallet
2. Keys
3. Regular old cell phone
4. Leatherman
5. St. Micheal's pendant around my neck
6. Ruger P-95DC 9mm in skeleton holster at the small of my back (or my Smith 1076 10mm) both with an extra magazine. Depending on where I am going for the day, the firearm I choose to carry may be augmented by a Keltec .380 in an ankle holster.
On-the-Job:
911 job: Wallet, Keys, Phone, Leatherman, St.Micheals pendant, trauma shears, mini-mag, radio, tape
Industrial Security/EMS: Same as above, with the addition of ASP, X-26, MACE (Job requirements....Wish I could just carry the Ruger but they won't let me.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I may or may not be carrying a Sig P229R in .40 and/or a Wather PPK in .380. Don't ask cause I won't tell. But if you draw on me, you will have about 2 seconds to tell if I was carrying or not. You won't need to think about it for long though.

I carry my iPhone everywhere.
A wallet with all the essential stuff in it. (Money, cards, DL, CWP, pictures of.....important (to me) people.
Benchmade Stryker auto opening knife, black powder coated tanto.
A paper towel for blowing my (still) running nose.
Earbuds
Chap-stick.

I always seem to end up relying on my partner for a pen and often a watch. -_-

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
EAA Witness in 10mm w/ spare 15rd mag (not on the job obviously)
Kershaw Blur knife
keys
Evo 4G
Wallet, money, etc

Nothing on my wrists usually. Mainly cause the tattoo on my wrist is covered by watches, but I do wear a watch to work (5.11 older watch)

I would really like to get the chance to shoot that EAA....I wonder if it is as much a mule as my Smith is....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would really like to get the chance to shoot that EAA....I wonder if it is as much a mule as my Smith is....

She's a heavy gun, but it makes shooting DT 180gr JHP a pleasant experience :) I'm looking at a G29 using the EMS discount soon.

OP
OP
hatsuo

hatsuo

Forum Crew Member
I may or may not be carrying a Sig P229R in .40 and/or a Wather PPK in .380. Don't ask cause I won't tell. But if you draw on me, you will have about 2 seconds to tell if I was carrying or not. You won't need to think about it for long though.

I carry my iPhone everywhere.
A wallet with all the essential stuff in it. (Money, cards, DL, CWP, pictures of.....important (to me) people.
Benchmade Stryker auto opening knife, black powder coated tanto.
A paper towel for blowing my (still) running nose.
Earbuds
Chap-stick.

I always seem to end up relying on my partner for a pen and often a watch. -_-

That DA/SA is nice isnt it! :)

lol may or may not...............lol. is your sig the DAK? I have that one and a s&w .380 bodyguard with built in lazer. :ph34r:

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
She's a heavy gun, but it makes shooting DT 180gr JHP a pleasant experience :) I'm looking at a G29 using the EMS discount soon.
Don't do it man....I HATE Glocks.....always have and always will....oh, and could you merge this with the OP's other thread..they're looking kinda similar

Afflixion

Forum Captain
Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact, usually just in a belt slide holster
Wallet
Citizen watch
iPhone

Everything else is hit or miss, while working I usually have my steth with me and have the XD in a lock box in my car.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I carry a combitool with portable generator in my truck, a full set of PPE (with SCBA and spare bottle), haligen and flatheaded ax, fully stocked BLS jump kit, fullty stocked ALS airway kit, portable radios (low band, high band, UHF, VHF and trunked), scanner, cell phone to make calls, iphone for music/internet, blackberry for email, and a machete.

I also have a leatherman, a 20 gauge shotgun (also in my trunk), two pistols that are in concealed holsters, spare rounds in my pocked (just in case), some kryptonite (just in case superman attacks me), a small amount of U238 (never know when you might need it), and a folding knife in every pocket.

I also have a CPR mask, keys, my wallet, pants, a T-shirt, pair of boxers, two socks, and my glasses. I try to have some flares in my back pocket, never know when I might need to set up a landing zone or when i will stop by an MVA. and body armor, never leave home without my vest under my outerwear, because you never know....

OP
OP
hatsuo

hatsuo

Forum Crew Member
I carry a combitool with portable generator in my truck, a full set of PPE (with SCBA and spare bottle), haligen and flatheaded ax, fully stocked BLS jump kit, fullty stocked ALS airway kit, portable radios (low band, high band, UHF, VHF and trunked), scanner, cell phone to make calls, iphone for music/internet, blackberry for email, and a machete.

I also have a leatherman, a 20 gauge shotgun (also in my trunk), two pistols that are in concealed holsters, spare rounds in my pocked (just in case), some kryptonite (just in case superman attacks me), a small amount of U238 (never know when you might need it), and a folding knife in every pocket.

I also have a CPR mask, keys, my wallet, pants, a T-shirt, pair of boxers, two socks, and my glasses. I try to have some flares in my back pocket, never know when I might need to set up a landing zone or when i will stop by an MVA. and body armor, never leave home without my vest under my outerwear, because you never know....

LMAO! very nice.

Afflixion

Forum Captain

So uh, where do you keep that machete?

OP
OP
hatsuo

hatsuo

Forum Crew Member

Just wondering what vehicle do you drive?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
So uh, where do you keep that machete?
I keep it strapped to my inner thigh. I just got to remember to point the handle side to my crotch, so I don't give myself an accidental circumcision (again).
Just wondering what vehicle do you drive?
a 2002 Chevy Impala, with a 62 inch lightbar mounted on the roof. Impalas (and Malibus) have a ridiculous amount of trunk room, more than enough for my equipment.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

ROFLOL oh man I've reread that 4 times and I'm still not sure if your serious or not. I know one thing, when the :censored::censored: hit the fan I wanna be riding with you :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
That DA/SA is nice isnt it! :)

lol may or may not...............lol. is your sig the DAK? I have that one and a s&w .380 bodyguard with built in lazer. :ph34r:

I like the DA/SA with the rebounding hammer. Lets me carry it with a round in the chamber, no safety, and not worries at all about an accidental discharge. You can drop the gun on the hammer itself and it will not fire.

And I do not like DOA or DAK. I have fired both and just don't like them. With the DA/SA at least only the first pull is DA. After that, just a touch and off she goes. B)

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
If I could quote an Ambiologist that frequents this site.

My keys, my wallet and a chip on my shoulder.

Nothing else needed.