What do you carry 24/7 while on or off the job?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
a 2002 Chevy Impala, with a 62 inch lightbar mounted on the roof. Impalas (and Malibus) have a ridiculous amount of trunk room, more than enough for my equipment.

That reminds me of the scene in a movie where an ex mobster is selling cars and says "Look at that trunk space you could get three bodies in there?"
FYI clip contains some mild profanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2X5wmcGf8

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

Anjel

Forum Angel
ROFLOL oh man I've reread that 4 times and I'm still not sure if your serious or not. I know one thing, when the :censored::censored: hit the fan I wanna be riding with you :)

I couldn't of said it better myself hahaha

I am still laughing

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Standard Nursing stuff.
iPhone
iPad

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Standard Nursing stuff.
iPhone
iPad
Just your iPad and iPhone....me thinks you have many more techno-doodads on you than just that Rob....

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Just your iPad and iPhone....me thinks you have many more techno-doodads on you than just that Rob....

iPad and iPhone have my library of medical books, medical apps, web access, movies & TV (Netflix, Hulu, Slingplayer), Angry Birds, etc.

I am too lazy to list everything. I am so tired right now, just making my last rounds on EMTLife.com for the night.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
iPad and iPhone have my library of medical books, medical apps, web access, movies & TV (Netflix, Hulu, Slingplayer), Angry Birds, etc.

I am too lazy to list everything. I am so tired right now, just making my last rounds on EMTLife.com for the night.
you going to be at the conference on Wednesday?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
you going to be at the conference on Wednesday?

Negative. Doc said to take it easy until I get to see cardiologist. I certainly don't want to have chest pain in a room full of EMTs, Medics, and Trauma nurses... I would leave the conference with a tube in every orifice.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Negative. Doc said to take it easy until I get to see cardiologist. I certainly don't want to have chest pain in a room full of EMTs, Medics, and Trauma nurses... I would leave the conference with a tube in every orifice.

hmmm....that might be fun practice for me to start an line on you....lol....Guess I'll catch you at Bonnaroo...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
hmmm....that might be fun practice for me to start an line on you....lol....Guess I'll catch you at Bonnaroo...

Anyone lower than an RN starting a line on me = Negative.

Catching Me at Bonnaroo = Yup.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone lower than an RN starting a line on me = Negative.

Catching Me at Bonnaroo = Yup.

Thought you said you trusted us EMT-IV's.....you need to friend me over on Facebook lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wallet, keys, bottle opener on my key ring, chapstick, phone, iPod, and my Gerber knife (survival classes taught me to never leave without one). I'm too young to buy and/or carry a handgun and don't have the money for a rifle. And then in my truck basic stuff. First aid kit, tool set, jumper cables, oil, shovel, 2 survival kits, extra clothing, and some items for off-roading.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Wallet, keys, bottle opener on my key ring, chapstick, phone, iPod, and my Gerber knife (survival classes taught me to never leave without one). I'm too young to buy and/or carry a handgun and don't have the money for a rifle. And then in my truck basic stuff. First aid kit, tool set, jumper cables, oil, shovel, 2 survival kits, extra clothing, and some items for off-roading.

You know...if you look around at pawn shops you can usually find a rifle or shotgun for under $150. Failing that, I have a single-shot 12 gauge for sale for $100....

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Wallet, keys, droid x, g shock tide watch, pen, gerber auto blade, ht1000, minitor v, glock 36 and a mag
Got a trauma bag in my trunk

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
Wallet, iPhone, Smith&Wesson Watch with a Survival Straps watchband (www.survivalstraps.com they are amazing.)
In my truck is an EMT kit.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
iPhone and wallet. No medical equipment off duty.

Last edited by a moderator:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The well-equipped tour guide

I drive an 8 passenger tour van around a volcano. I have a bag that's always in my car that goes with me on tour. In it is a "jump pack" to supplement the for-hunger 1st aid kit in the van. It includes:

BP cuff
stethoscope
Trauma pads, assorted
clamps
scalpel
Adaptics
tape
flexible limb splint
Duct tape
trauma scissors
a few triangular bandages
yes, even some ancient airways!

I always carry a camera, my 25 y.o. paramedic badge is in my back pocket in case someone tries to shoot me in the butt and my Jaws-of-Life, of course, is in my holster.

At the summit of the volcano one day an elderly man tripped, fell, cut his leg, nicked an artery and blood started spurting about. In that case I grabbed some napkins in my pocket and catching it on the third spurt, saved his life (modestly).

So much for preparedness.