What can you see on this 3 lead strip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
2LL2okK.jpg

I was laying in the recliner at the station. I stood up suddenly and did not feel very well. I was figuring maybe it was a little bit of orthostatic hypotension going on or something.

I felt nauseous and had these hot flashes and my chest was fluttering. I went out to the truck and put myself on the cardiac monitor and found this.

Can anyone see T-wave depression in lead 3 and the j point below the isometric line on lead 2?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
While I'm certainly able to do the MCL's on a 3 lead monitor, I'd prefer an actual 12-lead (because it's in diag mode when run) to truly "see" if there was anything amiss. The strip above only shows 2 leads. With this one, I'm going no further than this.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
While I'm certainly able to do the MCL's on a 3 lead monitor, I'd prefer an actual 12-lead (because it's in diag mode when run) to truly "see" if there was anything amiss. The strip above only shows 2 leads. With this one, I'm going no further than this.

And that is true. I should of ran a 12 lead.

I am finding a lot of my symptoms are possibly indicative of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I need to see a cardiologist.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
I see nothing diagnostically valid on that strip(because 3 leads don't count). There's a little depression in III, but that could be nothing. There is often depression on the three lead that isn't real.

More than anything what I see is acute internitis. A glut of information and a dearth of understanding. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Come on. You're having a laugh, right? You went from horizontal and likely napping to full upright instantly and you felt pre synchy. This ones not really a brain buster.

If you feel you must, go have the million dollar work up so your doctor can tell you you need to wait a moment in between position to allow your HR and SVR to catch up to the rest of your body. And maybe evaluate your dietary situation.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
^^^this^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Your symptoms also describe anxiety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: NPO

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I see squiggles that don't tell me much without a full set of them from a 12.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Monitor filtering means you cannot even look at ST segments which are heavily affected (and it also alters QRS morphology) so what I see is NSR in a person with nonspecific complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.