Whackers Rejoice: The Leatherman Raptor

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Shears cut belts. Rocks break windows. Ring saw cuts rings. Total cost probably about 2/3 what a new Raptor costs.

I'm still trying to get this thing about v-blade belt cutters. Sure if the blade is sharp and the nylon or thin leather belt is tense and untwisted and contains no wires etc. $4 shears will cut a twisted leather belt or a nylon web with a wire in it, as well as a rope, a dime, clothes, and open a can of beans if you know how. I have a v blade but I never expect to use it, just as I have never had to use my ring saw.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Leatherman, RAPTOR

Shears cut belts. Rocks break windows. Ring saw cuts rings. Total cost probably about 2/3 what a new Raptor costs.

I'm still trying to get this thing about v-blade belt cutters. Sure if the blade is sharp and the nylon or thin leather belt is tense and untwisted and contains no wires etc. $4 shears will cut a twisted leather belt or a nylon web with a wire in it, as well as a rope, a dime, clothes, and open a can of beans if you know how. I have a v blade but I never expect to use it, just as I have never had to use my ring saw.

If you broke a window with a rock on a scene here you would certainly get some funny looks...

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
If you broke a window with a rock on a scene here you would certainly get some funny looks...

A part of me wants to agree with you, but another part of me wants to say "Like a boss" after watching someone do it.

Boogster

Forum Probie
I want one purely for the sake of having one.

Would I ever use it? Prob not because i wouldn't want to lose it on a call somewhere. I tend to set things down and forget to pick them up again... sigh.

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
I want one purely for the sake of having one.

Would I ever use it? Prob not because i wouldn't want to lose it on a call somewhere. I tend to set things down and forget to pick them up again... sigh.

I have that same issue and it sucks

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member

mycrofft

Checking Leatherman Pro Acct

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/swiss-army-rescue-tool?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CJ6zzs7MqLYCFSRxQgodf2EAygSent them an email as to whther retired mil or LE, any health porvider, or EMTLIFE admin can get in on the pro account. It also is for their employees.

EDIT: OK I watched their video. My prior comment stands, but it is a cool tool-time item. The ring cutter...show me. Usually there isn't that much free space under a ring when it has to come off.

Compare to this http://www.swissknifeshop.com/swiss...e=googlebase&gclid=CJ6zzs7MqLYCFSRxQgodf2EAyg

swiss-army-rescue-tool-53900.jpg

Versus

Leatherman-Raptor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

I got funny looks when I snapped a car door check rail by kicking it one time, too, but time is money and tissue and all that.

Of course, selecting the wrong rock could be embarrassing..like, say, pumice or a Hide-A-Key Rock or mica.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Honestly, this thing looks more handy than the Raptor and it costs $20. And if you sign up for a pro code it costs $11 :p

ZREX_FLAT.jpg
ZREX_OXYGEN-WRENCH2.jpg

Kevinf

Forum Captain
I sent an few questions to Leatherman about the Raptor. Can it be autoclaved and when will it be eligible for pro purchase discount? The reply:

Thank you for contacting Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.

The Raptor cannot be autoclaved; it can be boiled.

It is just now starting to ship to our distributors and then retailers; once the tool gets into our normal channels it will be available for Pro Deal purchase (it will probably be 2-3 months).

Kind Regards,

Kimberly Stump
Customer Support
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
Leatherman / LED Lenser
800-847-8665
Kimberly.stump@leatherman.com

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP