Whackers Rejoice: The Leatherman Raptor

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Dibs! I would buy one but not for work. It looks like it would be useful for general around the house tasks or to keep in your car

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I rarely used my Leatherman in EMS, but it's great to have in the car. The Leatherman Raptor looks impressive, but I would hate to spend $70 on one tool that does a mediocre job at so many tasks. Also, can you imagine cleaning that thing?

I agree, it's a must have on every whacker belt, I just don't know how practical it is.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I want it.

Sadly cost is probably not worthwhile...

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Also, can you imagine cleaning that thing?

I am reluctant to buy an instrument for work (Shears, hemostat, etc) that can not be autoclaved.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I am reluctant to buy an instrument for work (Shears, hemostat, etc) that can not be autoclaved.

I throw my Swiss Army victorinox multi tool in the industrial dish washer at the volly house all the time. (One of those heavy duty fast steam cleaners)

Its 100% stainless though.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I can't stand it I tried to resist but I want it gimme gimme gimme gimme!

Oh god I think I may have finally found my whacker gateway drug. God help me. It's only a matter of time before I have everything from helmets to protein bar dispensers dangling from my person.

kill me

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
well on the up side, it could reduce many individual items a whacker would collect/carry on there belt, web vest, whatever. :lol:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
WTF happens when I go to use that thing on the "I slid 70 feet down the asphalt in my shorts" motorcycle wreck? Can you imagine the crevices blood can find in that thing?!? I think I'll pass...

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Purchased! And it fold and comes with a holster!

I want seven

EMT B

Forum Captain
i wish i could tell them what I want to have on my whacker tool and have them send it to me.

lets see...back board, c collar, o2 tank, aed, cpr mask, box of bandaids, katana, and maybe even a glucometer.

no but seriously i wish i could have what i want. i wouldnt mind a knife, window punch, seatbelt cutter, and penlight all put into one though. I live in a small area where most of the people respond to calls from home. i could very well need those 4 things if i were to ever be first on scene.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
WTF happens when I go to use that thing on the "I slid 70 feet down the asphalt in my shorts" motorcycle wreck? Can you imagine the crevices blood can find in that thing?!? I think I'll pass...

Duh! You borrow the students shears on that call.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Soak in alcohol, clean with brush, then rinse , then peroxide, then rinse and wipe, then dishwasher.

I'm getting so if someone can use something outlandish and its safe for all concerned, then fine. But they'd better remember to sanitize that holster, too.

Joe

Forum Captain
I want

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Want want want want want WANT.

Too bad we have to wait until Spring 2013. :( That should be right around the start of my practicum though, so I might get it as a present for myself...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If I could play with one, this might go good in my offroad kit in the truck...

joeylee096

Forum Ride Along
Leatherman, RAPTOR

Looking at it and it looks to be the next best thing sense sliced bread. I am an Athletic Trainer as well as and paramedic. I feel that this will be one of the most useful tools i have ever seen. If you don't know what it is, google it. Shears, glass smasher, belt cutter, O2 tank wrench. It folds to clip onto pocket, and also comes with a holster. Any other things about it? Just a discussion.