Way To Pass Time

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
If you really need to pass time, I have found a great website that has video of people stealing bait cars.... it hillarious, and sometimes disturbing.

Bait Car

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
what is a bait car... is this something you southeners raise bait fish in??

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was funny. No, its a car that is set up, so when it is stolen, there is a camera in the dash, and dispatch can turn the car off when the police/SO get close enough to move in and make an arrest. It actually really cool, and I think they have them all over the US.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
As you can guess, we watch COPS a lot. I love the bait bikes, those are hilarious. And the prostitute stings, there's ALWAYS at least one guy dressed up in the mix. :lol: :lol:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut@Sep 1 2005, 03:09 PM
As you can guess, we watch COPS a lot. I love the bait bikes, those are hilarious. And the prostitute stings, there's ALWAYS at least one guy dressed up in the mix. :lol: :lol:
Bait bikes... being a similar theroy, but with flat tires?

I've also seen pickpocket stings. And I LOVE the "prostitution crackdown" or "Crack Crackdown" where they bring the precinct to the scene, with a mobile home to book the prisoners onsite...

Jon

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Prostitution stings... Tax dollars at work being wasted while the real criminals run rampant...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Sep 2 2005, 08:44 AM
Prostitution stings... Tax dollars at work being wasted while the real criminals run rampant...
Whatshisname.. the guy who "changed" NYPD in the early 1990's.... he made a push towards stopping "quality of life" crimes - "Squeegie Guys" beggars, prostitutes, dtreet-corner drug dealing etc.... he cites some evidence that if you remove the daily lawbreaking from the neighborhood, people are less likley to do "bigger" things, and they are more likley to be noticed and reported.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 3 2005, 07:59 AM
Rudy Giuliani?
No... Police Commish. - either Rudy's, or the guy before him... can't remember...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
William Bratton came in first with Rudy, cutting crime in half. But Rudy forced him to resign and brought in Bernard Kerik, who cut crime by, as some people estimate, 95%.

So depending on which one you were looking for, there ya go.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 3 2005, 08:30 AM
William Bratton came in first with Rudy, cutting crime in half. But Rudy forced him to resign and brought in Bernard Kerik, who cut crime by, as some people estimate, 95%.

So depending on which one you were looking for, there ya go.
Bratton... that was it.... He was the same guy who ran NYC Transit when they finally got automatics...