Vaccines required to work in EMS?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Doubt it. Then again, considering what you might be exposed to, I wouldn't step foot on an ambulance without the usual vaccinations. Tetanus, Hepatitis, etc.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Hep B has been at all of my jobs. Strongly recommend T-DAP.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Company requires hep B, tetanus, and a TB test. College requires a whole bunch of them and since I work for a college at some times, I guess those are also required?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Last edited by a moderator:

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Both my EMS and LE gigs do not require vaccines, but offer them and you must sign a form stating you refuse to get them if you choose.

The state EMS agency requires Hep A, B, TB, TDAP, both meningiti, yellow fever, typhoid and then administers others based on destinations if the agency goes overseas

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
EMT school required T-DAP, Hep B, and MMR.

nwhitney

Forum Captain
I had to get everything listed above plus I had to get PPD test. I also got the Hep A vaccine since it was free for me.

MSPs

Forum Ride Along
My school required HBV, MMR, Varicella (if no chicken pox) and seasonal flu.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Why would anyone not want vaccinations that were indicated for them?

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
Ya can't fix stupid :p

Ya can't fix BigPharma

I work with a couple eco/conspiracy types that think "The cure is worse than the disease" mentality and with vaccines they go even further with what is wrong with those...

I get them but a few hold back and instead take further PPE cautions. (please don't think I agree, just stating the opposing argument is that you shouldn't be completely trusting in some of these vaccines)

OP
OP
L

lateralligator

Forum Crew Member
Ya can't fix BigPharma

I work with a couple eco/conspiracy types that think "The cure is worse than the disease" mentality and with vaccines they go even further with what is wrong with those...

I get them but a few hold back and instead take further PPE cautions. (please don't think I agree, just stating the opposing argument is that you shouldn't be completely trusting in some of these vaccines)

Hence my reason for posting. Im not thrilled at the prospect of loading up big-time on vaccines. But I know what the prevailing attitude is in EMS.

Thanks everybody who posted.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
So which ones are we supposed to be wary of?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hence my reason for posting. Im not thrilled at the prospect of loading up big-time on vaccines. But I know what the prevailing attitude is in EMS.

Thanks everybody who posted.

Why not, exactly?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief