tv show TRAUMA resurrected!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Medics/EMTs need to lighten up.

imo, The amount of whine in response to that show Trauma was as unbelievable as it was hilarious to see/read. Fire fighters mad because they weren't the central focus of the show. EMTs and Medics furious because they totally used an NRB instead of a cannula! MADNESS!

I thought the show was entertaining (albeit, after five episodes of any TV show it is usually hard for me to stop watching.) and took it for what it was. It never pretended to be a docudrama.

Watch any Cop Drama or CSI. You think police officers and forensic people get into shoot outs all the time? We should cancel all PD SHOWS! Write to the producers! Give me a break.

Personally, I think if I were to watch a drama it would be very boring if I had to sit and watch a Paragod ask an OPQRST on every pt.

It should be common sense that TV producers/writers/people have been taking fictitious liberties with almost every profession known to man since the inception of the boob toob. I think as a community, we need to get over ourselves. Until that happens we wont get anymore airtime haha.

+100000 I like these shows for entertainment, it's not a bleeping documentary!

Kevinf

Forum Captain
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSgwlby_uw[/YOUTUBE]

This show called Sirens aired in the UK, it takes a funny approach to the EMS life. I watched it and there was a bunch of stuff that was wrong but at least they got the patients part correct. my bird died... so you called us?!?!

Guy on the right looks like Rob Stark from Game of Thrones... going to have to see if I can find a dvd set of this.

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
Guy on the right looks like Rob Stark from Game of Thrones... going to have to see if I can find a dvd set of this.
It is him, its a comedy based show on the funny side of EMTs however some parts inaccurate its still funny.

Yarbo

Forum Crew Member
I'm excited to watch this. Some decent actors are also in it, I could really careless about its inaccuracies.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I dont know about you guys but I do pericardiocentesis in the back of an ambulance all the time.

My teacher said he did one.

Not sure whether I believe him or not.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My teacher said he did one.

Not sure whether I believe him or not.

My instructor said he did one a few as well during the 80s or early 90s, this was confirmed by others. Whoa.

mintygood

Forum Crew Member
lol @ in field pericardiocentesis, wish it was in our protocols :(

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeEMTP

Forum Captain
lol @ in field pericardiocentesis, wish it was in our protocols :(

How many pericardiocentesis have you seen done?

How many crics have you done?

Pericardiocentesis was a popular procedure in the 1970s and 80s but it was removed from the protocols and textbooks for several reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
How many pericardiocentesis have you seen done?

How many crics have you done?

Pericardiocentesis was a popular procedure in the 1970s and 80s but it was removed from the protocols and textbooks for several reasons.

Still in the scope where I live.

PVC

Forum Crew Member
For you guys that "sabe espanol" Mexico is going to run 13 episodes of a program called Paramedicos on channel 11. First episode is august 30.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am sure James Bond, Mission Impossible and Burn Notice are accurate portrayals of spies and spy agencies.

Ghostnineone

Forum Probie
I thought this topic was about trauma: life in the ER and I got so excited I peed a little, and then remembered there was that other show trauma and now I'm sad.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
I thought this topic was about trauma: life in the ER and I got so excited I peed a little, and then remembered there was that other show trauma and now I'm sad.

That show was great, Code Blue and Paramedics on TLC were awesome too.