Tropical Depression 12 has formed

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
TD 12, soon to be TS Katrina, has formed in the Bahamas. Looks like it will come ashore on the east coast then cross and hit somewhere between myself and Wingnut (Sarasota and Naples). Should hit our area(s) Friday night or Saturday morning.

204602W_sm.gif

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Crap I was totally not paying attention to the weather this week, Thanks Chimpie.

ipscscott

Forum Crew Member
Crap. And I was going to come down that direction this weekend. Thinking about just a little weekend getaway in Sarasota, maybe hit the beach or something. Guess I might want to reconsider, eh?

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
I haven't been looking at the weather AT ALL. Thanks for the update.

Orlando looks pretty good though. Thank God.

Brandon

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Are living expenses high down there in flordia? I'm looking to relocate next spring.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Depends in what city you're going to live in. Where I live it's insane actually. :angry:

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah, Wingnut is in one of the best parts of Florida, and you PAY out the arse to live there.

My county is pretty good except there's not much night life. But the beaches and sunsets are out of this world. Travel about 20 minutes south of me to North Port and you'll find decent living prices.

PS TD 12 is now TS Katrina.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
And I have a class that starts saturday...figures.

There isn't too much of a night life down here (if clubbing, etc is your thing) Most people drive to Ft. Myers to party. But it's not a long to drive to get there or even to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area and lots to do there. If you like quieter entertainment, we have a great area (5th Ave) to eat & hang out. There's a couple dance clubs in there too. But Naples is more of a retirement/golfing community.

I think the 3 cheapest places to live in Florida are Inverness/FLoral City, Niceville and Plant City. I know people who live in those places, they like it but it's nothing compared to Sarasota and Naples.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
As one of my favorite websites, fark.com, puts it: "Katrina and the Waves to perform smash hit in Florida this weekend"

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Cost of Living here in the Navarre-Fort Walton Beach area is not to bad. Of course with the price of gas these days, its getting to be crazy!

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Orlando is getting pretty costly over the last 5 years or so but there are a lot of services around here to work for. I live in Metrowest, 15 minutes from disney, 30 minutes to a beach either coast, but the nude beach is a bit closer :p And about 5 minutes from Universal and downtown. If ya like to party though...like some of us :blink: it's a good time. Lets just say, I've been here for a 1 year and I'll probably only be here another 1 to 2....so it's okay, just spendy and well...a "mini" vacation.

B) B) B)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
AND…..The beaches here in NW Florida are prettier than any other beach in Florida!!!! So take that you southern florida peeps!!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah, but look at where Katrina is supposed to go now miss Princess.

[simpson's character Nelson] HA HA [/simpson's character Nelson]

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
HEY!!! Don't remind me....However it is GOOOOOOD money for me when a Hurricane comes on...for Hurricane Dennis, I had a 127 hour paycheck...YEP...that is 47 hours worth of time and a half, plus all the shift diff.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Aug 24 2005, 11:18 AM
AND…..The beaches here in NW Florida are prettier than any other beach in Florida!!!! So take that you southern florida peeps!!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D
the beaches, or the people on the beaches???

:p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
and thanks, Chimp, for fulfilling you post as the "Forum Weatherman"

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie@Aug 24 2005, 10:55 AM
Wanna help out a poor monkey?
Sure I'll help you....but it will cost ya :p :p And it won't be money honey!!!

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well after the storm passes I'll be enroute.