The Vein Lite

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know about any other medics, but I have trouble finding veins in the elderly, the obese, and lil tots...

This new device I seen in JEMS, looks pretty neat! I thought I would share it...

The Vein Lite

veinlitevein.jpg

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I saw this too.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Ummm, Is that what I think it is??? :eek:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There is another product very similar to this that has been around for a while. Pediatric Nurses swear by them, and I understand they're common in hospitals (on PED floors).

I think it would be a cool took to have on the ambulance.

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
I think it would be cool to have in my pocket, i know my company wouldnt put the money down on one (we have a hard enough time getting them to refill our test strips for the glucometer). anyone with a link to a website where you can buy one? guy i went to paramedic school with (and now work with) and i were talking about it, and he's interested in one too.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by daemonicusxx@Oct 20 2005, 09:23 AM
I think it would be cool to have in my pocket, i know my company wouldnt put the money down on one (we have a hard enough time getting them to refill our test strips for the glucometer). anyone with a link to a website where you can buy one? guy i went to paramedic school with (and now work with) and i were talking about it, and he's interested in one too.
The link is above the photo

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Oct 20 2005, 02:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Oct 20 2005, 02:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wingnut@Oct 19 2005, 08:45 PM
Ummm, Is that what I think it is??? :eek:
No, it's a vein...

Perv! :p [/b][/quote]
Well that part has veins too...and it's definitely not an arm or a leg... What is it?

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I finally clicked the link to be sure, I see now it's the forearm, at first glance the vien light looks like a tube. I was really confused there for a minute. :blink:

I want one of those :D

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Wingnut@Oct 21 2005, 12:02 PM
I finally clicked the link to be sure, I see now it's the forearm, at first glance the vien light looks like a tube. I was really confused there for a minute. :blink:

I want one of those :D
:p