The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

JsonAre

Forum Probie
I’m 21 years old an EMT-B student hoping to someday become a flight medic. I’m also a Firefighter with my local department.

PS I’m a whacker.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm 21 years old an EMT-B student hoping to someday become a flight medic. I'm also a Firefighter with my local department.

PS I'm a whacker.

Sorry, we only allow whackers who are at least 23 years old. Also, for confirmation of whacker status, I will need pictures of your light bar and whatever jump bag you keep in your car. Any scanners or radios you carry are a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

JsonAre

Forum Probie
Sorry, we only allow whackers who are at least 23 years old. Also, for confirmation of whacker status, I will need pictures of your light bar and whatever jump bag you keep in your car. Any scanners or radios you carry are a bonus.

Just a light bar no jump bag.

brandonaemt

Forum Ride Along
My name is Brandon and I'm 18 years old. I'm an EMT-Basic in Michigan. I have had my licenser for about a month now. Work at a hospital as a transporter, waiting to transfer to the ED, hopefully, and/or a few agencies. I love EMS, and almost everything about it. I like helping people and do everything in my scope to make sure my patients are taken care of.
Thank you for the website! I enjoy coming on here and reading what other EMT/Medics have to say. I have learned a few things as well-well reminders.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My name is Brandon and I'm 18 years old. I'm an EMT-Basic in Michigan. I have had my licenser for about a month now. Work at a hospital as a transporter, waiting to transfer to the ED, hopefully, and/or a few agencies. I love EMS, and almost everything about it. I like helping people and do everything in my scope to make sure my patients are taken care of.
Thank you for the website! I enjoy coming on here and reading what other EMT/Medics have to say. I have learned a few things as well-well reminders.

Welcome fellow michigander

ERTxJoel

Forum Ride Along
Starting emt/paramedic school going fo A.S in Paramedic tech.

Hey guys and ladies.
The names Joel. Im not an emt/ems, Paramedic yet.

I start school in Saint Louis Community college, sing semester. so hopefully this all pans out for me its taken me several years to finally find out what I want to do with my life and this is my calling. Before i decided to get into this I was in various other jobs and did alot of volunteer work. such as Wildland firefighting and I was also on the Saint Louis Mo ERT for Americorps. I would say helping people is a passion of mine. The mind set you have to be in for this job just seems like it would be right up my ally. The daring the critical thinking and fast paced setting being on the edge. its thrilling as well as rewarding.

Looking forward to getting to know a few of you guys/ladies.

-Joel

Zipperelli

Forum Probie
Hey guys/gals,

Lurked here for a while and just decided to register.

I'm going to school in Florida (Gainesville) for my EMT-B, then on to Medic. I work as a bartender while working my way through school. Best career to prep for EMT. Why? People interaction. Nothing worse then the socially awkward people in my class... "uh, well, um, hi, I'm so-and-so and um, I'm gonna help *ahem* you"... Ugh, heartbreaking lol.

Not really a WHOLE lot to talk about, but free to PM me with anything

engage757

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

I am Zack from St. Augustine Beach, Florida. 24 years old in EMT-B School currently. Heading to Paramedic in January. Was planning on using this as a prereq for S.W.A.T. , but the more I learn, the more I wonder if the Police Academy is right for me. Really getting into this! Looking forward to learning as much as I can from this forum and getting to know everyone!

Learned a lot lurking already!

P.S. If anyone likes to get down on guitar/bass or gun conversations on the side, I am your man! :)

sdover

Forum Probie
hi everyone,
new to this forum and very happy to be here.
looking forward to learning a thing or two from you folks.....

FF93truck

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, I'm currently in EMT-B School with the state of PA. I've been a Firefighter for about 4 years now, and figured Medic was a good way to go, so first stop: EMT-B!
I'm about a week into class, and actually highly enjoying this. I got into a great class with fun people, and old medic's that have seen it all. They all have been an EMT sense it started in the state (Kinda scary). I plan on doing allot of posting, and hopefully can get allot out of the forum. Excuse my new-ness, and bare with me. I essentially know NOTHING atm. Point me to any good threads or pages?

Thanks!
-Picc

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Greetings from Vegas

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. You may call me EMT91, 91, Batman, T. I am 19 and I am currently in college for EMT basic training. Anything else..just ask.

metro9

Forum Probie
Hi
I'm not an EMT. I'm actually an ENT (ear nose throat) doctor by trade but I belong to the local volunteer EMS organization and I work for a private ambulance service on my free time.
Why? Because I love ambulances. :)

Hoping to go into a neuro-otology (the guys that do cochlear implants on deaf patients) in the near future. :)

But I'd probably keep driving an ambulance on the side.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi
I'm not an EMT. I'm actually an ENT (ear nose throat) doctor by trade but I belong to the local volunteer EMS organization and I work for a private ambulance service on my free time.
Why? Because I love ambulances. :)

Hoping to go into a neuro-otology (the guys that do cochlear implants on deaf patients) in the near future. :)

But I'd probably keep driving an ambulance on the side.

This is awesome! So you take over from the medic on ear injuries?

imadriver

Forum Crew Member
I've been hovering over all these threads for about a week now, and just noticed this one. Figured I'd introduce myself!

I'm an EMT-B with only about two years under me. I work in Florida, in a high-volume ALS system, our trucks are One Basic, One Medic. I have a full time spot and I absolutely love my job. I always want to learn more, and I've figured out that books aren't the best place for that. Personal experience and learning from and with others is much more effective for me. Hence why I'm here on this forum actually. I love listening to other peoples stories on how things were handled cause I feel like they may help me, help a patient in the future some time. I do my job, love it, and I consider myself more of a Public Servant more then an EMT. I help people, and if I use my medical training to do so, then great. If I can do anything else for them that's not really medical, then I still feel good about it. I don't like to just treat my patients, I work this job to care for them.

can you walk

Forum Ride Along
Intro

I'm Dan, EMT-B in New Jersey and New York City and looking to move out West, seeking more info on reciprocity and 911 EMS jobs in major cities (LA, SF, Seattle, Las Vegas etc.)

If any west coast EMTs or Medics want more info on jobs, reciprocity, costs of living, employers in NJ/NYC. PM me, I'll be more than happy to share.

Thanks

Anjel

Forum Angel
You should come to michigan. And stay very very very far away from California. Trust me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You should come to michigan. And stay very very very far away from California. Trust me.

Any major city in Nevada (Reno or Vegas) run I/P trucks, no basics on 911 trucks here. My service has basics for special events but they transfer care to ALS crews for transport. Vegas FD is trying to take over transport from AMR/MedicWest. MW is owned by AMR. If the LVFD doesn't want to transport they dump it off on AMR/MW. From my understanding AMR/MW have basics for special events and IFTs. Might end up driving a CCT rig as a basic if your lucky.

Seconded on Anjel's thought's on cali.

Welcome though!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Whats wrong with California?

The real question is, what isn't wrong with California?

Do some research about EMS in Cali and you will find your answer. "Mother may I?" Overpopulation of providers, shady companies, crap protocols, a different EMS oversight in every single county, you name it.

Last edited by a moderator: