The inside of your rigg

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm curious...

How differently are ambulances set up.

Mine is 3 cabinets on the left. One is a trauma cabinet. Thats the one closest to the back doora. Then there is airway. Which is above the jumpseat. And a small one for linens underneath the trauma cabinet.

By the side door is a cabinent that locks with our epipens. Jumpbag, suction, peds bag, a blanket warmer, basins, and AED.

Nothing on the bench seat side.

Outside we have the.road safety cabinet, our main o2, car seat, cspine bag, backboards and splints, and car seat.

Whats everyone else working with??

Ill post a picture in a few.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
We're running type 2s.

At the front of the patient compartment (just behind the cab) We have our trauma bag by the side door, portable suction just above that, in a cabinet below the trauma bag we have all our linens and whatnot.

Underneath the jump seat we have basins, fracture pans and our car seat. Looking towards the back of the ambulance (we'll be moving from the cab to the back doors, so when I say "in front of" it's closer to the back of the rig). On the right side (vertically in line with the jump seat) we have airway supplies (masks, cannulas, nebulizers, humidfier, NPA, OPA, etc.), in front of that, there's the action area which has our on board suction and hospital radio, above is NS and Sterile Water (irrigation bottles), below is suction supplies.

At the head of the gurney we keep our airway bag and extra gloves, HEPA masks, and glasses.

In front of that there's three cabinets, the top for large trauma dressings, burn sheets, OB kit etc, below that there's smaller trauma equipment. PPE in the bottom cabinet with soft restraints, extra gurney straps, extra restraints and so on.

Above the back door we have our c-collars, and head beds. Underneath the bench are various spine boards, spider straps, scoop stretchers, break away flats and splints.

Cardboard splints by the rear doors on the right (looking out). We keep our boxes of gloves that are in use tucked between the sidewall and the cushion on the bench seat, and resupply from the PPE cabinet as needed.

I think I've used about 20% of the equipment we have on the rig.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, roadside safety crap is in the cab.
And the main O2 is between the cab and the patient compartment, laying horizontally.

Last edited by a moderator:

guttruck

Forum Crew Member
we run about 6 diffrent types of rigs in our county and the layout depend on the station you are at............yes it really is stupid

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
My rig has a big double sleeper cab behind the driver seat, in there I have bed, TV set with satellite service, Blu Ray Player, fridge, and storage for my clothes.

My Ambulance on the other hand is a different story.

Behind passenger seat is the drug kit and airway kit. Then a side door with the squad bench behind that. Spare bedding in the bench. Driver side cabinets have from the driver seat back, Main O2 tank, aairway adjuncts, LP12 supplies, CPR seat, Bandaging Supplies, Spinal supplies, DVDs for DVD player.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh I forgot. Next to the cpr seat is a dvd player that swivels around to face the stretcher.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
We have 6 cabinets on the left side, the back two are our linens, bio bags, cleaning stuff, etc. The middle two are our IV supplies, meds, saline bags. Then the last two are splinting supplies, restraints, and BVM's. We also have an airway cabinet to the left of the airway seat, that cabinet has our ET tubes, OPA's, NPA's, and King's.

Our ALS bag, trauma kit, portable suction and c-spine bag are in some caninets to the right of the side door. Then we have our narc. lock box between the box and cab. We have no CPR seat :(

Sent from my mobile command center

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
2.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yes, sir. Leader on a Ford chassis

Leader is the only company I've seen put the main tank under the passageway between the cab and the back of the ambulance.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Leader is the only company I've seen put the main tank under the passageway between the cab and the back of the ambulance.

Leader is the only van I've worked on, so I'll take your word for it. :p

Any advantages/disadvantages you've (general you)noticed to having the tank flat instead of upright?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All of our ambulances are set up differently. The only thing that is the same is ALS bag and monitor are on the gurney, backboards/flats are under the CPR seat.

We are also running type 2s. Leaders on ford frames. We only have 1 type 3 and that is our CCT rig that we don't use very often.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Cabinets? What are those? I spent the last 4 years in military ambulances. All the "cabinets" were on our backs.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I work in a vanbulance. Sometimes the main is at the end of the bench, sometimes it's under it.

i hate when it's under it. whoever decided that was a good idea needs to be kicked in the teeth.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Leader is the only van I've worked on, so I'll take your word for it. :p

Any advantages/disadvantages you've (general you)noticed to having the tank flat instead of upright?

When they're laying flat they're a witch to change out.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain

Demers also has them laying flat like that in their Type IIs and smaller Type IIIs. Mounted on rollers though, easy peasy to change.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Cabinets? What are those? I spent the last 4 years in military ambulances. All the "cabinets" were on our backs.

Gotta love the FLA's.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
When they're laying flat they're a witch to change out.

That's what we have VST's (Vehicle Service Technicians) for. They restock the ambulance, wash it, do minor repairs, change out O2, tire pressure, oil, disinfect it, etc. I love the VSTs :)