the 100% directionless thread

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Should I build a boat from scratch or buy a new or used one and modify its layout?

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
You going full Leroy Jethro Gibbs on us?
Absolutely 😎 seriously though in the long run it's more cost efficient, but up front it's more expensive. But I wanna build a 16 or 17 foot jon boat that's optimized for both fishing and duck hunting. Plus there's something to be said about a handcrafted wooden boat

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha wow. So I'm doing Background Extra again today, as a Firefighter again... but apparently I'm the only real FF they have today. One of the four guys came in has a full beard, and the production debated having him shave/change to be a cop/ and finally just said Eff it and letting him stay as is

Meanwhile my Haix boots aren't good enough and they want me to wear old school rubber Turnout boots....

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Absolutely 😎 seriously though in the long run it's more cost efficient, but up front it's more expensive. But I wanna build a 16 or 17 foot jon boat that's optimized for both fishing and duck hunting. Plus there's something to be said about a handcrafted wooden boat
Just build a giant coffin. With a motor and a skeg. You can fish with it, hunt ducks with it, and when you're dead, you can be buried in it...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Glad to be home after Jury Duty. Won't have to do that for at least another 18 months. All I had to do this go-round was show up at the Courthouse, wait to be called to a courtroom, watch a movie while waiting for said courtroom need. No need for additional jurors today, so I got to go home.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So far today's theme seems to be people who had their medical emergencies yesterday, but waited until today to call 911 because they wanted wait to see if they got better (but didn't)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok, the opposite, this time they went to Urgent Care (where we're totally useful lol).

So I might have to rephrase to Sam's Club being our curse. First call came in just as we were about to drive out to Sam's, then the next just as we arrived, and now we had out full cart (all the way in the back of course), so we'll see if we catch another trying to finish checking out 🤣

IsraelEMS

Forum Crew Member
How is it the firefighters can fit themselves in the tiniest holes? While I am sure that smaller firefighters exist, most of ours ar the biggest people in the country. Had a call a few weeks ago that a kid got stuck in a tomb and the fire dept had to come to help extract him. The chief of the fire rescue crew that came was well over 2.2 meters tall. He maganged to get himself into the smallest hole to reach the kid, it was really impressive (although I was secretly hoping they would blow a hole in the side with that really cool thing they have that explodes doors open).

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Didn’t realize until I called the NREMT yesterday that the con-ed requirement changes are permanent, so now it can be live or distributive for all CE required.

I was under the impression it was merely a temporary Covid thing. Awesome. Finally, they made it way more convenient.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Didn’t realize until I called the NREMT yesterday that the con-ed requirement changes are permanent, so now it can be live or distributive for all CE required.

I was under the impression it was merely a temporary Covid thing. Awesome. Finally, they made it way more convenient.
I believe that they do a great job with validated testing, but their communication to the end-user sucks

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They did send out an email from them back in October of this year with that information.

Attachments

• F512E452-5DEA-4913-A8EA-63EC5FE48E32.png
    F512E452-5DEA-4913-A8EA-63EC5FE48E32.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

VentMonkey

Family Guy
They did send out an email from them back in October of this year with that information.
Truthfully I’ve procrastinated quite a bit this recert cycle. That and all of the AMC training the last six months.

Side note, stoked about the Ascent rollout.

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
How is ascent compared to IA and Flightbridge? I’m hoping it’s a middle ground between IA meds questionable medicine and flightbridges “in the weeds” for newer providers. @VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
How is ascent compared to IA and Flightbridge? I’m hoping it’s a middle ground between IA meds questionable medicine and flightbridges “in the weeds” for newer providers. @VentMonkey
TBD. It’s supposed to roll out at the beginning of 2023 is my understanding. They mentioned a paramedic refresher also being in the works, so all good and promising things.

I know when me and the others from our base went they were in between filming the courses for it.

I’d imagine comparable to IA Med and FBE since they’ve all been cut from the same cloth so to speak. Mostly I’m excited about the out of pocket costs (see, none).

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I thought it was already live. www.airmethods.com/ascend/

I don't know how employees access it, but it does have a free trial. I decided to sign up for that and give it a try.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
TBD. It’s supposed to roll out at the beginning of 2023 is my understanding. They mentioned a paramedic refresher also being in the works, so all good and promising things.

I know when me and the others from our base went they were in between filming the courses for it.

I’d imagine comparable to IA Med and FBE since they’ve all been cut from the same cloth so to speak. Mostly I’m excited about the out of pocket costs (see, none).

I thought it was already live. www.airmethods.com/ascend/

I don't know how employees access it, but it does have a free trial. I decided to sign up for that and give it a try.
It is live already. New employees who are in the training process have access to it. For those employees who are no longer in training, it will be utilized as the review course/CEs for FP-C/CFRN.