the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
We are under orange skies and semi darkness. It’s like Tatooine out there...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Who needs air quality 😅

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
CA88F808-0ED7-46F0-9628-28E207BA038C.jpeg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Chillin out at the hotel on R&R from this fire watching it explode because there’s a Santa Ana wind pushing it. 22 separate fires in CA and plenty of new starts today alone. Looks like home is going to be the engine for the foreseeable future.
At least you will be able to pay off your truck with all that OT

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
At least you will be able to pay off your truck with all that OT

My thoughts exactly. Blackout a month make like 30 g’s take home around 20 and pay off most of my truck.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Well, that was a disappointing psychiatry appointment. I guess I've reached the chronic illness stage of knowing more about my treatment options than my doctor.

PotatoMedic

Well our offer on a house was accepted. Both terrified and excited at the same time.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Well our offer on a house was accepted. Both terrified and excited at the same time.
Enjoy. It’s an experience for sure. Even after the offer there is still more to go. Get a good inspection and quick. Don’t want to lose earnest money with a slow report that shows expensive issues.

PotatoMedic

Enjoy. It’s an experience for sure. Even after the offer there is still more to go. Get a good inspection and quick. Don’t want to lose earnest money with a slow report that shows expensive issues.
Yeah. Going to get all those balls rolling tomorrow. I know it has had one inspection from a previous buyer. Apparently that deal fell through because the buyer disappeared right before final closing. But lots to figure out and do.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Make sure there are no deep freezers left in the garage or suspicious holes in the backyard...

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah. Going to get all those balls rolling tomorrow. I know it has had one inspection from a previous buyer. Apparently that deal fell through because the buyer disappeared right before final closing. But lots to figure out and do.
Previous inspection doesn’t matter you don’t know who the inspector was or what they may have missed. Make sure all the big ticket items are inspected such as roof, foundation, air conditioning unit.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When you find out that you as a Field Training Officer will be making less money than your probationary paramedic partner who you will be actively training till the new year.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
When you find out that you as an Field Training Officer will be making less money than your probationary paramedic partner who you will be actively training till the new year.

Ouch.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
When you find out that you as a Field Training Officer will be making less money than your probationary paramedic partner who you will be actively training till the new year.

Sorry, unfortunately it is like that all throughout healthcare.

I was asked to to consider the director role for our ED about a year ago. I’d end up taking a pay cut by giving up all of my specialty differentials and going from hourly to salary. No thanks.