the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
This week was a reminder I had some areas to refresh and/or improve. Found this, like the concept, so for your viewing pleasure....

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
This week was a reminder I had some areas to refresh and/or improve. Found this, like the concept, so for your viewing pleasure....
I do a variation of that, mostly cause I hate taking my eyes off the bougie in the cords.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I nwed to have someone film my king visipn bougie technique

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Brother's wedding starts in an hour. Five year dating anniversary... this has been a long time coming. :p

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Re-watching Game of Thrones Episode 1 Season 1, crazy how much some of the actors/actresses have changed over the last 7 or so years (while others haven't changed a bit it seems lol)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Re-watching Game of Thrones Episode 1 Season 1, crazy how much some of the actors/actresses have changed over the last 7 or so years (while others haven't changed a bit it seems lol)
I'm still trying to get caught up. I only watch it at work, which means I either get through 2 episodes straight or 1 episode in 10 minute increments.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I nwed to have someone film my king visipn bougie technique

Can you try this again, with sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Can you try this again, with sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lol i said I need to have someone film me doing a king vision intubation since I do it with a bougie and I keep getting told it's weird

Reactions: Jon

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Bonjo is pretty rad. Never met him in person but I've communicated with him on FB some, and seen plenty of his videos.

Personally, I never use stylets in my tubes and only reach for a bougie when I'm having trouble getting a good view. But I do like this technique, and I'd use it in an anticipated difficult airway. Of all the funky bougie-handling techniques that I've seen people come up with over the past few years, this is the first one I've seen that really looks useful.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
There is a lot of **** I don't know

75f1fb3d4a8419d02f9f92d2574fc016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Don't forget the **** that you don't know that you know.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I sure hope these pop up storm cells help these growing wildfires more than hurt them.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Bonjo is pretty rad. Never met him in person but I've communicated with him on FB some, and seen plenty of his videos.

Personally, I never use stylets in my tubes and only reach for a bougie when I'm having trouble getting a good view. But I do like this technique, and I'd use it in an anticipated difficult airway. Of all the funky bougie-handling techniques that I've seen people come up with over the past few years, this is the first one I've seen that really looks useful.
I think I just liked that it looked like the most polished way of setting up. No holding a pretzel, jamming bougies through the Murphy eye, or anything else. Simple and straightforward.

I didn't see what else he had, you've got me curious to look now. He seems like a resource I'll be saving.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Has anyway successfully exchanged a king airway over a bougie? I gave up trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Has anyway successfully exchanged a king airway over a bougie? I gave up trying.
Can't say I've tried, but if I'm reaching for an SGA I have exhausted my DL/ VL attempts so there's no sense in attempting to me anymore.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
My "cry once, buy once" philosophy is really killing me now. Looking at buying a new hunting pack to replace my fairly dated frame pack. Oh if only I had a spare $500 laying around.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
@Chimpie My meteorologist buddy said it'll hit southern florida, bounce back to sea, then have the bermuda weather thing in the ocean bounce back just in time for the NE. Granted he gets paid to be wrong, but hey.