the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Who's leaving trash in the rig at end of shift??

It must be the same guy who steals the binoculars from mine!

PubTThou01.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
well I just witness my first paramedic caused MVA. Paramedic(fly car) was driving middle lane of NYS thruway, L&S going about 40. Didn't get off on any exit(15 or so miles between each exit). Nobody let anybody in during the construction zone, and now NYSP has a big clean up ahead of them.

Anybody with more experience then I have any idea why a fly car would be going 40 in. 65 mph when they weren't responding to a call on the highway? Whenever I think of/use my lights and sirens it's because you need to get somewhere in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know where he was going? I've been guilty of slow driving while squinting at the CAD trying to figure out where the hell they were sending me.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Didnt want to derail the first call of the day thread.

One of out fire departments got dispatched "back" to a structure fire yesterday for hot spots. Problem is they were never dispatched the first time.

Guy came home to find his house burned to the ground and nobody ever called it in. It was a weird day in my county.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Didn't know where he was going? I've been guilty of slow driving while squinting at the CAD trying to figure out where the hell they were sending me.
Thats what i was thinking then i thought--- theres nowhere to even debate going... theres no exits for 15 miles lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I did a thing today. Looking forward to playing some. Need to get a dry bag that my camera will fit in
c3625f4825bd87c4e84665879851ebb7.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Thats what i was thinking then i thought--- theres nowhere to even debate going... theres no exits for 15 miles lol.
Looking for a turnaround?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Looking for a turnaround?
wouldn't they be in the left lane/ shoulder :eek:? they were in the middle lane(3 lane bit leaving albany)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Round two in the AM. Hopefully I feel a little less lost tomorrow. 11ish new hospitals, a new city, and new equipment have got me all kinds of clueless. Thankfully I had an awesome EMT to help smooth that transition and a good FTO to get my wheels turning again after a month away.

And the food in the break rooms here? Amazing. Packed a full lunch box and only ate the nutri grain bar.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, aside from most of the Kern County Cult, I've met up with @Aprz.
I don't know how other people think of their friends, but I mentally have "Internet" friends and "real life" friends, and consider @CodeBru1984 to be a "real life" friend. I don't even usually remember his alias; I just call him by his name. I wouldn't mind meeting more people from here if they want to hear me whine about everything, lol.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Its a shame nobody is in NYS :(.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
time it right i might even be in jersey ;)
New York, New Jersey... Close enough to the same thing...

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
A few of us almost ended up at Airmethods orientation together. Would have been nice to meet some people.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Got hoodwinked into a 24, which I haven't done in a while, followed immediately by a 12....grr

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well, father-in-law had new onset AF with RVR last week. Admitted to the CVICU and did well on diltiazem and dig but still ended up getting cardioverted. They did a stress test yesterday and determined he had a silent MI sometime in the last month so they did an ECHO and found that he's got CHF with a 30% EF.

Today went back into AF with RVR. Taking him to the cath lab now but the cardiologist wasn't optimistic about the chance of success and thinks they'll be doing a CABG tonight.

Why does this have to happen on a holiday weekend? Round trip tickets for the two of us are $1,500... [emoji15]

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Well, father-in-law had new onset AF with RVR last week. Admitted to the CVICU and did well on diltiazem and dig but still ended up getting cardioverted. They did a stress test yesterday and determined he had a silent MI sometime in the last month so they did an ECHO and found that he's got CHF with a 30% EF.

Today went back into AF with RVR. Taking him to the cath lab now but the cardiologist wasn't optimistic about the chance of success and thinks they'll be doing a CABG tonight.

Why does this have to happen on a holiday weekend? Round trip tickets for the two of us are $1,500... [emoji15]

Hope all goes well.