the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I practice a lot with awkward movements...

Cause your girlfriend wears the pants in the relationship. I mean its pretty obvious, she has a 45 vs your 9mm.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I've also been a good girl and been going to the gym and working out religiously. :D
Motivation-BURPEES-Meme-e1419395848351.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Cause your girlfriend wears the pants in the relationship. I mean its pretty obvious, she has a 45 vs your 9mm.
Size doesn't matter...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I ran a really weird call last night for a combo OD/CVA. Dude is 60 years old and still running around shooting up heroin...

I honestly could not separate whether the patient was too uncooperative to follow my stroke assessment commands or if he was actually presenting with a positive stroke scale. I ended up calling in a stroke alert after giving the patient a couple doses of Narcan. Just bizarre.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Sup seemed to take my email well initially. That is, until she ripped into me later that evening for two small unrelated things. Figured out that that conversation wasn't going well when her third sentence in was, "Don't smart off to me!"

Holy cow.
That is when you in more descriptive words to tell her to go have relations with herself and walk out the door.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I ran a really weird call last night for a combo OD/CVA. Dude is 60 years old and still running around shooting up heroin...

I honestly could not separate whether the patient was too uncooperative to follow my stroke assessment commands or if he was actually presenting with a positive stroke scale. I ended up calling in a stroke alert after giving the patient a couple doses of Narcan. Just bizarre.
Follow up, could be an interesting read later.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Yup, MCA thrombus with massive left sided infarct. Unlucky dude.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The other day I was the first (probably ever) person to ever do a case presentation at work along with EBP suggestions for initial treatment and care of patients with DKA and HNS. This all stemmed from a DKA case I was involved with (part of the team) that we had in my ED. While I didn't point fingers, I hopefully opened some eyes about the things we could have done far better for that patient...

And amazingly enough, I got some good comments from some of the "long-time" nurses (not all) about doing a pretty good presentation. Not bad for being a new nurse and it being my first presentation!

EMT2015

Forum Captain
I'm going to LA at the end of August!!! So excited! My first trip out of SJ and my first time on a plane!! Going to go work FYF!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well just paid for overnight mail for my application to a dream agency. Hopefully it pays off!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well just paid for overnight mail for my application to a dream agency. Hopefully it pays off!
Coming to Texas too? Lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
No not yet. But eyeing a few places while I try to convince my wife it is a good idea. So how is GAA? :p

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
While shopping today I saw one of the most cringe-y ambulances. Imagine an E250 with blue and white stars painted all over it, a neon blue brush guard with a bald eagle head mounted to it, a top with twice as many lights as the next IFT company, and finished with a couple of dollar store US flags on the mirrors.

I wish I had a dashcam on the car.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
While shopping today I saw one of the most cringe-y ambulances. Imagine an E250 with blue and white stars painted all over it, a neon blue brush guard with a bald eagle head mounted to it, a top with twice as many lights as the next IFT company, and finished with a couple of dollar store US flags on the mirrors.

o_O:eek:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

So you spotted @CALEMT in his POV?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Officially picked up for HEMS :D Can't wait to start learning, and actually being able to apply it (unlike my normal inner city stuff). @Remi thanks for the info, it was definitely beneficial!