the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
This was your typical bari IFT, so no fire folks to pawn it off on, but there was a hefty tarp used. I swear though, he had the nastiest feet I've seen in a while. I would periodically get a whiff of that smell for the rest of the shift and I am not sure if it was actual lingering smell that just wouldn't leave or just memories haunting me. So I call the smoke smelling tarp a balancing of the scales.

I remember a particularly stinky. We transported him early in the shift and I spent the rest of the day smelling my shirt because I could swear it was on it. The shirt was fine. It was in my memory and I couldn't get it out for the rest of my shift!

EMT533

The Rookie
This was your typical bari IFT, so no fire folks to pawn it off on, but there was a hefty tarp used. I swear though, he had the nastiest feet I've seen in a while. I would periodically get a whiff of that smell for the rest of the shift and I am not sure if it was actual lingering smell that just wouldn't leave or just memories haunting me. So I call the smoke smelling tarp a balancing of the scales.
Oh ok wow. I'm getting a mental picture here. Way to get through it.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Post for the evening.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 216

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Post for the evening.
I'll be very near there tomorrow evening, and for the next 3-4 days. Have been in Henderson since Wednesday.

I just plain gave up dating. Emergency medicine is my lover. Because education and medicine doesn't walk out on you when the **** hits the fan.
Dating in our industry is just plain difficult. I feel your pain.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Right on! Here for anything fun? Don't get drunk enough to end up in the back of my ambulance.
My brother's wedding is tomorrow. After that, it's just vacationing in Vegas :cool: I may look for you for an IV at some point... Lol

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
My brother's wedding is tomorrow. After that, it's just vacationing in Vegas :cool: I may look for you for an IV at some point... Lol
Nice! Well have fun. Don't swim in the pool club pools. And if you are staying on the strip Nine Fine Irishmed pub is a must. IV is totally do able but it's going to be an EJ. I need to do something medic like. I've been a taxi cab for the last 5 weeks.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I remember a particularly stinky. We transported him early in the shift and I spent the rest of the day smelling my shirt because I could swear it was on it. The shirt was fine. It was in my memory and I couldn't get it out for the rest of my shift!

It's a sensory thing, like an afterimage of a bright light. I get this **** all the time when dealing with a bunch of SNFs back to back. They all smell roughly the same, and I recently started carrying a non-fragrant soap bar with me, just so I can wash my nostrils when I have the chance.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well finally managed to get about 2 hours of sleep. Really hoping the ER is active and my nurse doesnt suck today...