the 100% directionless thread

Well, I'm headed to Palm Springs this weekend... and will be there for a few days... with a possible stop in Bakersfield for the night.
Please don't call 911 during your possible layover! :)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Please don't call 911 during your possible layover! :)
I'd only call 911 under 2 conditions: I actually need 911 services or I'm too drunk to fish... ;)

I'd only call 911 under 2 conditions: I actually need 911 services or I'm too drunk to fish... ;)
This I can deal with... Now if you need some recommendations on local watering holes (that is if you stop in town on your way to Palm Springs), feel free to ask.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Taught a younger sister how to do a sledgehammer-facilitated tire change this morning. Told her, "Remember that there is no problem in this world that cannot be solved by brute force." ;) She immediately countered with the example of intubation. Ah, some days it's fun having a protegee.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I assume that there are opportunities for training in proper dosing and administration. :D

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I assume that there are opportunities for training in proper dosing and administration. :D

This much.
image.jpeg

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Update on my friend: he contacted me about 24 hrs ago. He said that he had gone out drinking and someone must have slipped something into his drink. He says he didn't remember anything from that night and when I told him everything that had happened he seems shocked. He apologized and seems very bad about the pain he had caused me and for putting me on an emotional roller coaster

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So today was a good day. Nailed my lift test and patient assessment test, 5 min into the final interview the hiring manager said "I'll make this easy, you want a job?" And I said "Yes!" Filled out a W4 and signed my life away on a giant stack of HR paperwork (not like I haven't done that before lol) went to the physical, drug test, back test, Hep B vaccine, and an appointment to pick up uniforms next monday as well as turn in the direct deposit form and do a TB test (otherwise if I did that today I'd have needed to come back in on Christmas to get it read lol). Start orientation a week after that (2 weeks from now), 5 days classroom, 5x 12 hr FTO shifts and I'm released into the wilds :D

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Ov6yzsA.png

Wow! It's Christmas, I'd best get to sleep before Santa comes, otherwise he might not bring me that spouse I've been hoping for!

Last edited:

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I never get "upset" about calls, but the one yesterday was awful. Not so much the call that's bothering me, but the smell is stuck in my nose or something. *hurl*.

On a brighter note, my child voluntarily cleaned their room for the first time in a year without me having to do it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
The holidays are so full of crap. I would much rather be at work right now then with my family. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!