the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I think that the problem here is that Chewy is assuming n=1 in an entirely different context than the current reality and doesn’t have the intellectual depth to recognize it.

"Giving up" doesn't mean cowardice at all, by the way. It is the recognition of futility. Some people just cannot do certain things. This field is full of people who cannot serve in the military, but wanted to, and found a similar environment. 9D4, your injury is unfortunate, but from what you've shared, I am reasonably confident that any hopes of military service in the armed forces of the US are dead. Yes, that sucks, but it is better to recognize that and move on than what-if it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I
Maybe it's time to once again get off topic?

I've been thinking about a new toy. It might be time for another Jeep.

I thought the same thing two weeks ago and came home with a 55" smart TV. Want to buy an old chevy and fix her up soon.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I just love the LA Times app on my cell phone....Of course it makes perfect sense that when I get a push notification for breaking news, and I click on it, half the time it doesn't even launch the app...the other half the time it just goes to the front page (where you scroll through which headlines you want to read) and invariably, the push notification they sent is usually buried under a half dozen other news stories (push notification for an MCI bus vs big rig crash on a local freeway? We'll just put the article as the 9th headline, below articles talking about the Rams wanting to build a stadium in Inglewood...nominees for costumes designers awards...an article on technology making "smart toothbrushes"....yeah makes perfect sense on how to organize your news app

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
This chainsaw is getting the better of me. I never new we had it and I'm 20 years old, oh and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been started/ran since I was born. My work is cutout ahead of me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This chainsaw is getting the better of me. I never new we had it and I'm 20 years old, oh and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been started/ran since I was born. My work is cutout ahead of me.
Probably still had gas inside it? All I can say is have fun haha

CALEMT

Probably still had gas inside it? All I can say is have fun haha

Im thinking the carburetor needs to be cleaned out and it probably needs a new fuel filter oh and new fuel lines.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
I know nothing of it? I was an 11b and 31b. You're right I don't know anything. Is it an uphill battle for him? Yes. Impossible? Not yet. I was PDQ'd when I first enlisted and fought it all the way up to the Surgeon General of the Army and won. I know a thing or two about being pushed around in the waiver process.

You were military police? Why oh whyyyy lol

Calico

Forum Probie
tumblr_lzi7ltrMZP1r5gojr.gif

Except it's supposed to last for another two days. ;_;

It's 17 now.
I don't think we've been above 0 today. @_@

CALEMT

So after 3 hours and a complete disassembly of this chainsaw it turns out I overlooked the most obvious part. The fuel line was completely rotted. Oh and its 4:15 pm now and I've been working on this since 9 am.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A busy 48 split between two agencies followed by a day of errands? Can I not go to work tomorrow? Please?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
MP, MP, don't arrest me,
arrest that leg behind the tree,
he stole the whiskey,
I stole the whine,
we did this all at a double time...

(great now I feel dirty....every unit I've been in has been the kind where saying "hooah" could easily get you pushups and all runs were release runs, formation running only ever happened when the Bn Cdr wanted a Bn run so we never did any cadence calling either lol)

First shift solo after clearing FTO starts in 2 hours. Here's hoping that I don't get lost on the way to any of the hospitals.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just spent my day off playing hours of Spore..it's great to have an occasional lazy day haha

It's safe to say I like orange...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420800322.952576.jpg

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
0329e2f6e16e575fd938d36dab21707d.jpg

Oh, so you had a patient with a difficult airway? Please tell the vet who intubated this dog more!