the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

JPINFV

Gadfly
So, I've never had bacardi 151... I've had it tonight. I mad my first drink too strong, I'm :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed. I've also never had grey goose. That :censored::censored::censored::censored: burns like a mofo!!

Pyrat rum > all other rums.
pyrat-rum-xo.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
How is that being received by your colleagues? I know you're pro education, but how is everyone else dealing with it.

They seem to be taking it very well. I lucked out and got a great group of instructors and some great providers sitting in the class with me.
First topic this morning was fighting the old statement of 'ems doesn't diagnose'. Plus there's a lot of talk about coming away from the technician titles and becoming true clinicians and professionals

MedicRobNL

Forum Ride Along
Directionless eh?

Hmmm, well this morning I paired my Orange Pastel Leopard to my Sharp Sunglow, and my Pastel Dream Hypo Motley 66%het Anery to my Pastel Dream Hypo DH Ghost. These are boa constrictors.... I breed snakes.

I also cleaned my Green Anacondas enclosure and grabbed some pictures of her.

Have been keeping reptiles and snakes for 19 years.

Rob

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I talked to the father of the kid who passed out yesterday. Apparently, the boy's BP was around 239!! O_O He's a slender, otherwise healthy, active 14 y/o boy. **wonders now where that hypertension could have come from** Anyways, the kid is doing much better and was back in church today.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Yesterday I took my boys to see Santa and get their pictures taken. One of the local animal hospitals was having pet photos with Santa to help raise money for a local family in need.

Santa didn't even blink when I took the 4 rats out of the carrier.

1463958_10201239803892385_339051475_n.jpg

Left to right is Yoda, Jojo, Tigger, and Loki.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
"Santa" looks like he's wearing PJs and a cheap piece of craft fur tied around his face! **is biased cuz her Pops is the ultimate Santa, even though he's hung up his boots for good**

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
"Santa" looks like he's wearing PJs and a cheap piece of craft fur tied around his face! **is biased cuz her Pops is the ultimate Santa, even though he's hung up his boots for good**

Did you notice Santa was wearing combat boots?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol the ER wanted me to intubate my drunk patient the other night that was breathing just fine on his own, with a GCS of 3. I'm like uh nope haha

He was intubated in the ER with a BAC of .573

Uh....so, you didn't tube your pt with a GCS of 3? Why not?

Breathing fine doesn't mean good airway maintenance...in a matter of seconds you can loose it.

Or am I missing something here?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Uh....so, you didn't tube your pt with a GCS of 3? Why not?

Breathing fine doesn't mean good airway maintenance...in a matter of seconds you can loose it.

Or am I missing something here?

I don't have RSI, we were 3 minutes away. His airway was perfect, no snoring respirations, and satting at 100%. He was just drunk.

Anjel

Forum Angel
.573 is beyond drunk. I'm not even sure how it's possible to drink that much.

Yea. He was extubated and discharged the next day. I just ran in and asked the doc. She said they intubated him, because they didn't have anyone to watch him. And he was fighting the tube so they put him on a propofol drip.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
They seem to be taking it very well. I lucked out and got a great group of instructors and some great providers sitting in the class with me.
First topic this morning was fighting the old statement of 'ems doesn't diagnose'. Plus there's a lot of talk about coming away from the technician titles and becoming true clinicians and professionals

Awesome. What group is teaching this refresher? Is it through a particular organization?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
This is what it's supposed to look like...
y3e8ujeg.jpg

This is what the front left looks like now....
yguta8e3.jpg

And this is what I look like after hitting a rock doing 40+...supected torn rotator cuff. Boo.
5ezedyzu.jpg

Stay safe out there y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Bummer I've taken my share of tumbles on ATV's so I been in your shoes.

OTOH, We finally got some snow today, enough to make the everyone drive like morons.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We have snow in the mountains but that is all. Its been freezing cold here, 44ºF (that's too cold for SoCal).

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think the high here today was 10F, but no snow.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
We have snow in the mountains but that is all. Its been freezing cold here, 44ºF (that's too cold for SoCal).
It's about 29 degrees where I'm at. We also have snow in the mountains, none on the valley floor. It's just too cold for some here, but I'm ok with it. We're going to have night-time sub-freezing temps for quite a while. At least daytime temps will be somewhat OK. :p