the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Day one of ACLS down, one more to go.

I haven't quite decided if taking the full classes for the hours alone is worth it or not yet.

One, we (being field paramedics for my agency which has an extensive education department) are used as an example and almost put up on a pedestal in every class.

Two, this makes the rest of the class look at us either for answers or like "why do they keep telling me this snotty 23 year old medic is better than the random smattering of nurses and sometimes physicians in this class at running cardiac arrests?"

And three, I'm not getting paid to teach this class. I'm here for 16 hours and get paid for 8...don't ask me to help you teach.

I love our instructors but sometimes it's just like please leave me alone and let me jam through this class real quick.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
anuju7u8.jpg

Our co-worker's gravestone arrived today. We had to stand for this picture and look into his mom's camera.

It was harder than the funeral. He died last June in a car wreck on his way to work, 5 miles from his station. 21 years old.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
My Medic to the class: "Aaaaand how long is a term pregnancy?"

Me: "40 weeks, Sir."

Him: "In months."

Me: "10 months, Sir."

Him: "Yes, nine.... er.. 10? (counts on his fingers) Um, 10? Let's just split the difference and say 9 and-a-half.."

tumblr_ml4s3sZdOR1rqtou2o1_500.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JPINFV

Gadfly

Him: "Yes, nine.... er.. 10? (counts on his fingers) Um, 10? Let's just split the difference and say 9 and-a-half.."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Conceptional age or gestational age?

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Conceptional age or gestational age?

OB measures a term pergnancy as 40 weeks..
Conceptional age can be 38-39 and a half depending on if the mother has a cycle of 28-32 days and how many days it takes the zygote to implant..

I love OB, my Medic DETESTS it.. But he has to teach it. Even him saying the word "vagina" comes out as a mumbled "vergnnneraaa"

I suggested to him that he should instruct the students should stand slightly to the side, away from the mother's anus as sometimes fountains and logs can come out of that southern area.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

40 weeks *7=280 days
9 months *30ish days=270ish days (plus a few for 31 day months)

10 months would make it a tad long, unless you found ten sequential months of non-leap year Februaries :screwy:

Also, that may be the only time I've tried to write the plural of February. Haven't there been some crazy records of women remaining pregnant for over a year?

JPINFV

Gadfly
OB measures a term pergnancy as 40 weeks..
Conceptional age can be 38-39 and a half depending on if the mother has a cycle of 28-32 days and how many days it takes the zygote to implant..

I'm well aware of the difference... and the only people who use conceptional age are those weird embryologists. On the other hand, I have no problem throwing curve balls when it would result in lulz.

I love OB, my Medic DETESTS it.. But he has to teach it. Even him saying the word "vagina" comes out as a mumbled "vergnnneraaa"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-LX9fd064[/YOUTUBE]

JPINFV

Gadfly
40 weeks *7=280 days
9 months *30ish days=270ish days (plus a few for 31 day months)

10 months would make it a tad long, unless you found ten sequential months of non-leap year Februaries :screwy:

Also, that may be the only time I've tried to write the plural of February. Haven't there been some crazy records of women remaining pregnant for over a year?

Februari?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just had a cadaver lab for my AP 101 class. I don't like the smell of formaldehyde. My eyes are still burning

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
It's getting dark, it's raining and I have to work tonight, not a great combination but hey our last road crash was ... oh yeah last night, hmm I blame winter!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Rain? What is this "rain" thing? Can you describe it?

(The joke being we get 16 inches of rain... a year... where I live).

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Me in 1991, age 2.

Quit my old job today, starting the new one on Monday after drill. Not sad at all.

Attachments

• 2013-04-23 21.04.30.jpg
    2013-04-23 21.04.30.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 2013-04-23 21.04.38.jpg
    2013-04-23 21.04.38.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 235

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I went to get bled yesterday, and the blood drive was packed. Some people were walking in, and the volunteers at the desk signing people in were actually recommending that they come back in 2 hours due to the number of people already there and waiting to roll up their sleeve. I had an appointment, so I was taken care of fairly quickly, but it still took about 45 minutes before they had me on the table.

At least something good came out of that tragedy. Usually the local blood drives are fairly empty.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
TNCC in June. Don't mind if I do. I love free education