the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
*sigh* we have been getting 8 calls per day. It's definitely interfering with my study time.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Posted in the middle of nowhere again...

I think we've run all of 8 calls this week, last night shift then back to days. I don't get how you rural guys do it. I'm ready to shoot myself out of boredom.

I'm working on a TV set and the show is about interior decorating. I've been on the set since the 29th of January with 2 days off between then and now. I've had one patient.

I feel you, bro

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm working on a TV set and the show is about interior decorating. I've been on the set since the 29th of January with 2 days off between then and now. I've had one patient.

I feel you, bro

Someone cut their finger while gluing up wallpaper?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Starting off the night good, ams hypoglycemic, respiratory distress pediatric, only two hours into my shift

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Gotta love it. Snowing, blowing, white outs,streets not plowed, driveways full of snow. I keep telling myself "I love working in winter".
5 calls tonight so far. A shoulder pain x 1 week, DOA, SOB pneumonia, Local transfer, OD chlorthalidone.
C'mon 6 o'clock. Then 4 days off.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Never realized how much nice weather we have here in SoCal. When it gets to 50-60 degrees everyone is bundled up in huge heavy jackets and trying not to go outside.

Then we look at other states and see them in short sleeve shirts in 50 degree weather haha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
After seeing this on youtube I really want to do an EMS version :rofl: (I know there is already an EMS version)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETVpKSgV5U[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Finally got pulled back into town, still only done one call in 8 hours. There's a pub crawl tonight so I'm sure we will pick up in a little while.

Been working on getting back into a hook to finish my BS so got some research done for that, still deciding what Program I want to go with.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally got pulled back into town, still only done one call in 8 hours. There's a pub crawl tonight so I'm sure we will pick up in a little while.

Been working on getting back into a hook to finish my BS so got some research done for that, still deciding what Program I want to go with.

That's a nice break. I'm at 3 for the night. Way slow for us and its been like this 2 nights now.

And the lesson of the night is trying to light Everclear on fire by spraying it from your mouth is a bad idea

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Well no more calls. Got home. The streets are not plowed but not drifted in too bad. In 2 hrs it will be 24hrs since a plow went by the house.

Tee shirts in 50F? But of course. You see people wearing shorts here at 40F and below. I do 90% of my calls in winter without my coat, just a short sleeve shirt. If you want to grow old you gotta learn to be tough. :cool:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's a nice break. I'm at 3 for the night. Way slow for us and its been like this 2 nights now.

And the lesson of the night is trying to light Everclear on fire by spraying it from your mouth is a bad idea

Yea we did like 3 calls total and got cancelled off of one. hah. I think our grand total was ~10 in 48 hours (4x12), only transported about half of those, usually average 8-10 a shift...everyone else was busy just not us.

Have 8 hours off then 8 hours on this afternoon with my new partner then 3 days off. Didn't get hosed by the shift change too bad. My old partner, on the other hand, gets to do 8x12, poor planning on his part!

Every time my new partner has picked up OT with me or visa versa we've been super slow, I hope that doesn't continue when we're permanent partners...I'm sure the two of us will find something fun to do to pass the time though. Too bad she's leaving in a month for another job :(

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Anybody deliver any babies durring the blizzard :)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am soooo bored!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Anybody deliver any babies durring the blizzard :)

I would imagine it's physiologically impossible. Once we get below about 60* (And this is all theory, temperatures lower than that are barely hospitable for humans) I would assume the amniotic fluid freezes thus stopping time for the baby and preventing them from being delivered.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Posted in the middle of nowhere again...

I think we've run all of 8 calls this week, last night shift then back to days. I don't get how you rural guys do it. I'm ready to shoot myself out of boredom.

Welcome to my world, I haven't ran a single call all day and I've managed to spend over $300...

Although, I did go assist another unit in restraining a schizophrenic who decided it would be a good idea to do acid and go for a swim in the ocean, that was interesting.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
No babies in the blizzard but some guy put his hand through the snow blower (while it was running)...lost his finger. We couldn't find it either. But it wasn't all that bad, he lost just the tip of one and cut the other one.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
No babies in the blizzard but some guy put his hand through the snow blower (while it was running)...lost his finger. We couldn't find it either. But it wasn't all that bad, he lost just the tip of one and cut the other one.

Happens every year. :) I'm amazed that people think it's an okay idea to stuff their hand into a running snowblower.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I just saw a heavy set black man on Cops. Ergo, it must be Chris Dorner. Granted, it's TV, but it's a much better match than the 2 Hispanic women or the white dude that the LAPD and Torrence PD tried to murder earlier this week.