the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Between 2 cities in our response area we just had 10 calls bust out in a 5 minute period. Say goodbye to complience levels.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just found the show "emergency!" on netflix. Now that's old school!

You should read firetenders book. It's basically like emergency only he lived it. Good stuff.

Edit: actually it's nothing like emergency, it's way better.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Between 2 cities in our response area we just had 10 calls bust out in a 5 minute period. Say goodbye to complience levels.

Nothing quite like starting your shift at 1pm and finding out that the system is already at level 0 (no units available).

Level 0 at 13:00 = the sign of a good shift ahead...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Nothing quite like starting your shift at 1pm and finding out that the system is already at level 0 (no units available).

Level 0 at 13:00 = the sign of a good shift ahead...

We started our day off gettin pulled out of station early for a 3 car TC on the freeway. We only had 1 other unit available so we decided to transport 3 patients and 1 family member.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
We started our day off gettin pulled out of station early for a 3 car TC on the freeway. We only had 1 other unit available so we decided to transport 3 patients and 1 family member.

I'd hate to be the attendant on that run...3 PCRs for one call...that'd keep me in a hole all shift long...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
February is going to be a looooooong month

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yup, not looking forward to much of it.

Got some family coming to visit to break it up, but I'll be struggling to find a job while writing my undergrad thesis in a month on a subject that my adviser is not really an expert on...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'd hate to be the attendant on that run...3 PCRs for one call...that'd keep me in a hole all shift long...

It's worse now that the company issues out 3 seperate incident numbers.

Called the closest hospital (all patients minor injuries) and we get the ok to transport there. We tell CHP we are going there. Get a page from dispatch saying to call our trauma center. Call the trauma center and they want all the patients.

Get to the trauma center and the hospital we were first transporting to called the trauma center and activated trauma alert on all 3 of our patients. Turned a 20 minute transport to about an hour transport.

Achilles

Forum Moron
vacuum-assisted%20delivery%20%282%29.jpg

Shrug. Next they'll be saying how you shouldn't do a C-Section.

At least we don't give oxygen to every pt. :rofl:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm really dragging my feet this morning, for no particular reason except I don't want to go to work today. Ugh...

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
-36C this morning with wind chill. (That's -32.8F for you American folks.) This sucks.

If I didn't have a reason to go out today, I wouldn't leave my house for the next 24 hours. :wacko:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
-36C this morning with wind chill. (That's -32.8F for you American folks.) This sucks.

If I didn't have a reason to go out today, I wouldn't leave my house for the next 24 hours. :wacko:

No thanks. Ill gladly take my 66F weather.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

82F today. That's 27C for you Canadian folk ;)

And you couldn't keep me inside if you tried :p

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
So many in-services this month, 2 new drugs and a new vascular closure device. At least we get free lunch

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So many in-services this month, 2 new drugs and a new vascular closure device. At least we get free lunch

What kind of nursing gig did you end up starting at? Did the hospital you worked tele at end up taking you on?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
What kind of nursing gig did you end up starting at? Did the hospital you worked tele at end up taking you on?

Ya I ended up on the telemetry floor I worked on. I really enjoy it so far, it is more of a stepdown unit with a lot of critical patients. I would have loved to get an ICU job but the job market in my area isn't the greatest right now and most ICUs wont take new graduates.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Ya I ended up on the telemetry floor I worked on. I really enjoy it so far, it is more of a stepdown unit with a lot of critical patients. I would have loved to get an ICU job but the job market in my area isn't the greatest right now and most ICUs wont take new graduates.

Nice! If they wont take you at ICU, thats a great spot to get your experience they want. And it's not MedSurg ;) Lol. Yeah, I hear ya. Several of my wife's classmates were told by HR at multiple hospitals to not even bother applying to ICU or ER if they were new grads.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
And it's not MedSurg ;) \

I honestly do not know how people handle med/surg. It is crazy juggling 4 patients let alone 6-8. However my patients require a lot more attention than the average med/surge patient.

CFal

Forum Captain

Last Wednesday it was -63 with wind chill at my work