the 100% directionless thread

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Dude... Time to grow up. You wanna be in this line of work. Act like an adult. Not some kid who fights, sleeps around, bleeds and brags.

I do competative MMA, so a bunch of my friends enjoy going at it with me. I still have no idea what enticed him to pick up the bottle, but its a moot point.

Also, my actions off-duty, in a friends house, with no patients around certainly doesnt (and shouldn't) reflect on my professionalism with patients. I'm still extremely young, compared to some here. To compare, I start my freshman year of college in a week. I enjoy having fun, especially while I still can. But, to reiterate, I am not violent or crude, or in any way immature when dealing with patients.

And happy birthday tigger! Hope it was a great one!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I do competative MMA, so a bunch of my friends enjoy going at it with me. I still have no idea what enticed him to pick up the bottle, but its a moot point.

Also, my actions off-duty, in a friends house, with no patients around certainly doesnt (and shouldn't) reflect on my professionalism with patients. I'm still extremely young, compared to some here. To compare, I start my freshman year of college in a week. I enjoy having fun, especially while I still can. But, to reiterate, I am not violent or crude, or in any way immature when dealing with patients.

And happy birthday tigger! Hope it was a great one!

Then quit bragging about your shenanigans.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got off BLS just in time. One of my favorite BLS units was ummm let's call it forced to go out of service :sad:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We have had 52 earthquakes in the past 36 hours that all were 3.0 or bigger (the biggest was 5.3). Our disaster team is on stand by to be deployed. The hospital in the town where all the earthquakes have been has been evacuated.

The big one is coming and California is going to separate from the main land :rofl:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh please just let from Sacramento south drop off into the ocean, we northerners have been wanting to seperate the state for generations anyways :cool:

Just looked at the USGS map for the last 2 days. Have to say that is an impressive amount of quakes so localized

Last edited by a moderator:

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
Fair point, I'll quit it.

Don't quit. We were all young and full of piss & vinegar at some point. There were those who told us the same thing and somebody who told them and so on. This is the natural progression of things. You have to be young, crazy, and
braggadocious to get the life experiences that provide wisdom. So be crazy and enjoy life (off duty of course).

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
As if applying for jobs wasn't enough, I just picked up my application for grad school. Ahhh stressed out

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
As if applying for jobs wasn't enough, I just picked up my application for grad school. Ahhh stressed out

Oooph good luck sir, nothing about applying to schools is fun (or cheap).

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Oooph good luck sir, nothing about applying to schools is fun (or cheap).

I have to decide which program I want. At my school you are allowed to apply for your MSN and have until after your first year to declare which program since all of the NPs have the same first two semesters. I am leaning towards ACNP. But I am applying now to be on the wait list for 2014.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Don't quit. We were all young and full of piss & vinegar at some point. There were those who told us the same thing and somebody who told them and so on. This is the natural progression of things. You have to be young, crazy, and
braggadocious to get the life experiences that provide wisdom. So be crazy and enjoy life (off duty of course).

Disagreed, I've never been what I consider to be "crazy". I've made bad choices, and learned from them like everyone else. But saying that you "have to be young and crazy" at some point, is quite frankly, stupid.

saskgirl

Forum Crew Member
I forgot to put my wedding band back on this morning before heading out the door :sad:. It's the weirdest feeling!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Enjoy life all you want... Just stop posting about it.

Exactly.

In other news:

I just asked a medic that I work with, about bundle branch blocks. She replied with " we didn't have to learn that. All you need to know is how to recognize a STEMI." then replied with " I don't treat people anyway. I'll give ASA and nitro but I am not doing much more than that. It's not worth the risk".

*sigh*

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Exactly.

In other news:

I just asked a medic that I work with, about bundle branch blocks. She replied with " we didn't have to learn that. All you need to know is how to recognize a STEMI." then replied with " I don't treat people anyway. I'll give ASA and nitro but I am not doing much more than that. It's not worth the risk".

*sigh*

Sadly much more common than it should be... :sad:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Exactly.

In other news:

*sigh*

So what happens when they have a new onset LBBB.....

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Got off BLS just in time. One of my favorite BLS units was ummm let's call it forced to go out of service :sad:

A week night shift did it! Center divides are not good for ambulances!

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant

Disagreed, I've never been what I consider to be "crazy". I've made bad choices, and learned from them like everyone else. But saying that you "have to be young and crazy" at some point, is quite frankly, stupid.

It's also the environment you grow up in. Most of my friends are huge partiers, a few are serious druggies (I don't approve, but if they want to ruin their lives, they can). I'm friends with very few people who don't have one vice or another (alcohol, fighting, tattoos, etc), and a lot of them are/were crazy. Some grew up quick, some didn't.

At any rate, I didn't mean to impose all my stories.

In better news, getting my next tattoo in a couple of days. :cool: