the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Epi-do

I see dead people
My dog got her A@@ handed to her last night in a dust up with a neighbors dog. She'll be fine but she has the split ear, hole in nose the whole nine yards. Apparently she's not as scrappy as she used to be.

But, couldn't one argue that given the recent acquisition of her new injuries, she now appears even more scrappy than before?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Apparently Jon Huntsman just took an arrow in the knee.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey everyone! long time since I have been around here.

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
Well I have 2 weeks to find a new job, or quit medic school.

This month has included:

• My dad in the hospital with a broken ankle, then a DVT, then a lesion on his lung, and now possibly lung cancer.
  • Me thinking I may loose my job during layoffs.
  • Me keeping my job.
  • Me loosing my shift because my higher senority partner wanting it, so now I can't have time off for school.
  • My lease being up in 2 weeks and trying to find a place to live.
I want a do over. Or just to get into bed, cry, and never get up.

holy crap Anjel. I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you lots of luck & some prayers for your dad.

Anjel

Forum Angel
holy crap Anjel. I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you lots of luck & some prayers for your dad.

Thanks. Life sucks sometimes.

and then there are things like this to always make me smile...

TruthsForMatureHumans.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hey everyone! long time since I have been around here.

Welcome back stranger! How have you been?

Didactic final for class tomorrow. :ph34r: 640 questions either short answer or multiple choice, and 110 4 leads/12 leads.

It's going to be a long freaking day!

Wish me luck!

Joe

Forum Captain
Anjel, that just made my day! thanks!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just found out that in 1982 my ambulance company only charged a max price of $72 and $4 for every mile transported. And we also tried to sue 3 cities/fire departments hahaha

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just found out that in 1982 my ambulance company only charged a max price of $72 and $4 for every mile transported. And we also tried to sue 3 cities/fire departments hahaha

1. How'd that work out for them?
2. How did Medix not learn from that situation?

Side note: It's nice to see that Medix finally updated their site and stopped saying they were serving as 911 for cities other than Mission Viejo. It's also nice that they dropped the part of them suing OCFA. Finally, was it really necessary to put up all of the "firsts" that they used to do, most of which they don't do anymore (like the contract for UCI Children's (Care Ambulance), Disneyland (Anaheim Fire), or CHOC (Lynch Ambulance)? Nothing builds confidence like, "We were the first, but we couldn't keep up."

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
750 questions stand between me and the end of the didactic portion of medic school.

Bring on the final!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Go NVRob! You can do it!

bigbaldguy

My sister is driving me absolutely insane. I swear to god I'm going to start slipping her menopause meds in her breakfast cereal.

bigbaldguy

Just used a little online app to see how much house I can technically afford based on my income, debt ect. It came up as 282000 dollars. What the hell are they smoking? No wonder half the country is in foreclosure.