the 100% directionless thread

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I should note that I'd rather be there because I have another 10.5 hours sitting in front of telemetry..... soooooooo booring!!!!!! I'd much rather be on a rig or doing a standby overnight

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Say hello to Indian Canyon, Palm Dr/Gene Autry, and Vista Chino wash all being closed.

Thankfully it didn't rain here. Indio on the other-hand.... Lol

Yarbo

Forum Crew Member
Rookie EMT here... backing up the ambulance, and my forearm tapped the horn setting off the sirens......made for a funny moment.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Rookie EMT here... backing up the ambulance, and my forearm tapped the horn setting off the sirens......made for a funny moment.

Horn blows but does the driver?

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Horn blows but does the driver?

lol... depends, was the panel down low or up high in the rig. Up high, its the driver.... Down low, probably an accident. :p

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
lol... depends, was the panel down low or up high in the rig. Up high, its the driver.... Down low, probably an accident. :p

I cannot even begin to recall the number of times I have accidentally hit the horn button on the floor of both the box or the engine, what idiot thought it was a good idea to put it on the floor next to the pedals for the driver?

socalemt123

Forum Crew Member
I cannot even begin to recall the number of times I have accidentally hit the horn button on the floor of both the box or the engine, what idiot thought it was a good idea to put it on the floor next to the pedals for the driver?

I actually just did this a few weeks ago. It was not my normal rig so I had no clue it was even down there. We were parked in front of the mental health facility and I put my foot right there (who puts it on the floor where we put our left foot). It took me like 10 seconds and my partner yelling at me to move my foot to realize what was going on. All the nurses and staff came running out to see what was going on. Let's just say every time I bring a patient into their facility, they ask me if I'm going to scare all of them again =)

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I actually just did this a few weeks ago. It was not my normal rig so I had no clue it was even down there. We were parked in front of the mental health facility and I put my foot right there (who puts it on the floor where we put our left foot). It took me like 10 seconds and my partner yelling at me to move my foot to realize what was going on. All the nurses and staff came running out to see what was going on. Let's just say every time I bring a patient into their facility, they ask me if I'm going to scare all of them again =)

Mother, Jugs, & Speed anyone...??? (refrencing scaring the nuns)

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Thankfully it didn't rain here. Indio on the other-hand.... Lol

Indio and every freaking inch of the 15/215 that I drove on today. Got a sweet transfer from Sharp Memorial up to a rehab center in San Bernadino that went from 1300 until about 2145. Finally home

Sasha

Forum Chief

I purposely hit the horn to make my partner jump :B

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Oh this is fun to do. Not so much fun when it's the significant other that jumps though.

My last personal vehicle had an on board air setup with a 3 trumpet air horn behind the front bumper. "accidentally" hitting the horn was so much fun.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

My partner pulled the old, "hey go in front of the rig and make sure the blinkers work" trick and then promply used the air horn... A*s

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just got into a "friendly" verbal altercation with our acting officer (this guy is a known troll fresh out of EMS, but is certain he knows everything and lets you know it every chance he gets) about what's appropriate for prehospital IVs. Apparently you ALWAYS get the BIGGEST IV possible no matter the age or the current problem, and absolutely NEVER "waste" an AC by putting a 20 in it.

I love shutting idiots up :D

Sasha

Forum Chief
Aaah I am with the religious nut. "still atheist?" Aaaaargh.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
..... And single once again :glare: