the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
tx weather...if you dont like it, wait a minute...

Texas weather?!! HAHAHAHA

Have you ever been to Colorado? We are actually the ones who are famous for that. Wednesday and Thursday it was gorgeous and sunny around 70, Friday it dumped 2 ft of snow, and today it's sunny again. I literally went from gardening in the backyard in shorts and sandals to having my campus closed due to snow and wearing Sorels in less than 24 hours.

PS: Linus has given me his description of "snow" in Texas. If you can even call it that. :rolleyes:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Hey, we had 18" the other month... that's a crapload for Texas.

But you forget, I'm from Michigan... what Texans view as snow I view as slush.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Texas weather?!! HAHAHAHA

Have you ever been to Colorado? We are actually the ones who are famous for that. Wednesday and Thursday it was gorgeous and sunny around 70, Friday it dumped 2 ft of snow, and today it's sunny again. I literally went from gardening in the backyard in shorts and sandals to having my campus closed due to snow and wearing Sorels in less than 24 hours.

PS: Linus has given me his description of "snow" in Texas. If you can even call it that. :rolleyes:

Hey we're like that in NM... Except we only had about 4" down here, but the every other day thing hold true for us too

iamjeff171

Forum Crew Member
the other day i went into class, its 70 degrees out, sunny, beautiful day. within in 30 minutes of being in class, is starts hailing outside (only about marble sized). 45 minutes later its sunny again....

yeah snow in texas is pretty lame. it does it about every 5 years or so in austin. People in this town really dont know what to do with icy precipitation, and the city shuts down at the first sign. to be fair tho, the roads arent treated with salt, they use gravel....

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Screw you and your bi-polar weather Texas. :glare: What happened to only geting 1/4-1/2" of snow...not another 6 inches?!

32 degrees now with wind chill in the upper teens...

tomorrow? back in the upper 60s-70s

OMG I'm ready for summer. I'll take 100+ degrees over this cold mess anyday!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Psh, atleast with the cold you can put more warm blankets on.

With the heat you lose lots of $$$!

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
My body isn't wired that way. I can't function in the cold for long. I'd still rather sweat and lose money in the summer than be miserable in this stupid cold weather.

iamjeff171

Forum Crew Member
My body isn't wired that way. I can't function in the cold for long. I'd still rather sweat and lose money in the summer than be miserable in this stupid cold weather.

i second that. but then again i grew up in texas. ill take 100 over 30 any day of the week.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Let's just keep it in the 70s and sunny with no wind. I'll be happy then.

PS-- Did you get that much snow last night?! I have literally NONE here in FW.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Let's just keep it in the 70s and sunny with no wind. I'll be happy then.

That would be perfect :) But I'd much rather be cold cause you can layer. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off before you get the cops called

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Woke up for a 1am call and there was about 5in on the ground. Woke up for end of shift and there was about 8in on the ground. On duty police officer scrapped the snow and ice off my car :)P) and he said there was about 11in on my car and on his police cruiser.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
When I took the dog outside at about 11pm last night there was about 2-3 inches on the ground. This is what my truck looked like when I woke up this morning. 8am

23564_1395012799147_1347027249_1073153_2660864_n.jpg

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
back from florida. i must say im already ready to go back. well at least until it warms back up around here.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Any ideas on how to remove hundreds of microscopic almost invisible fiberglass splinters from my arms? I was putting up an old fiberglass basketball backboard and now I am in lots of pain.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Woke up at 630 this morning throwing up. Proceeded to vomit all day barely able to keep water down.

Ditto with my mom and my brother. Now my sister and dad have whatever it is.

We don't live together, and none of us ate the same food for the past few days. Talk about totally random.